What’s your favorite pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post

Fa-vor-ite (adjective) - preferred before all others of the same kind.

Picking three is a complete cop-out. This thread is about making a decision and praising a single pedal because it was the most awesome experience you've had with one.
    Yep, it was a cop out.

But I've had the most awesome experiences with all three within their respective genres (detune, Klon Klone, Flanger but really EQ)
    Last edited by LLL; 07-06-2021, 12:25 PM.

Comment

All time?

We I'd say the one pedal that I always felt essential (especially because I could get gain/OD from my amps if needed)

Was this: (even though I use a tap tempo full featured one now)

Second Place?
      This Origin Compressor is the best ever made:

Third Place?

Any KLONE to boost the front end of a JMP/JCM or Bassman style circuit etc....

HONORABLE MENTION?
      or what will likely be on here in the future?

Eventide H9 once I figure it out.

Origin Revival Drive

Boss Super Shifter
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
        Wampler Triple Wreck V2. I know its whole thing is supposed to be '90s and 2000s gnu metal, but for some reason I'm getting very satisfying Lightning and Puppets tones with it. That's high praise; that's high praise.

Photo edit:

I couldn't happen to not notice that the gain structure is not set to "brutal". Why is this?

Comment

^^^Hey it's hard to be brutal,,,,,,,,,,,,with all knobs on zero.

Comment

Haha. I don't know Friends well enough to know if your horrified or in love.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

hahahhahahahha

The color, the sound?

Comment

Controls, layout, labeling.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
                  Now I'm sitting on this tiny dancer and I'm holding it close.

All the sound, none of the level drop and 1/4 the size. Just like the originals, set all the knobs at 9 o'clock and forget them. THIS is what a flanger should do.
                  I think I need to hear more about this. What kind of tone do you get from this? And what justifies a twenty percent price bump over the stereo version?

Comment

Sounds just like this.
                    David Gilmour - "Raise My Rent", from the album "David Gilmour" (1978).David Gilmour - guitars, keyboards, vocals.Rick Wills - bass, vocals.Willie Wilson - d...

I know nothing about a "stereo version". However this box has a flanged out and dry out.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	mistressxo-f.jpg?size=1080x720&lossy=1&strip=1&webp=1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	6094814
                      Deluxe versus...
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	stereomistress-f.jpg?size=1080x720&lossy=1&strip=1&webp=1.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	6094815
                      ...stereo.

Comment

Oh that! Never really noticed that before. The real deal is a flanger only with the basic range, rate and color controls plus the filter switch that disengages the sweep. The silver box lacks the same controls and adds a second effect. Result = not the same sound.

Comment

Tough question, could be my Keeley Time Machine Boost, El Cap, Neunaber reverb or Sonic research tuner.

Comment

+1 on the FD2

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                            Probably the Fulldrive 2. I’ve had it for over 15 years and it sounds great with my Strats/Teles and Princeton Reverb. It also sounds great with the Mesa too.

Seems like I just bought it last month.

For anyone not really familiar with the pedal, the key to the highway is the three position middle toggle switch which takes the clipping diodes out of the circuit, flattens the mid-range, or lastly turns the pedal into a TS variant.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                            And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Working...
                            X