No announcement yet.

Velcro on a board....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually it isn't the hook or the loop side that fails. It is the glue that affixes them to the pedals and board. It can't take the Florida humidity and heat, and leaves a mess behind.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Usually it isn't the hook or the loop side that fails. It is the glue that affixes them to the pedals and board. It can't take the Florida humidity and heat, and leaves a mess behind.
      It's good to learn that Dual Lock uses a better adhesive. Didn't know that.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post

It's good to learn that Dual Lock uses a better adhesive. Didn't know that.
        Yeah. much better.

Comment

Loop on the board, hook on the pedal. Mostly because I have bought 90% of the pedals used and they’ve been hook side on the pedals.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Neither.

Get a pedalboard like this:

or:

BCB-60: Pedal Board - A Versatile Pedalboard for All Your Gear

...and stop whoring up all those beautiful pedals with velcro.
            Last edited by LLL; 08-06-2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
              I believe the soft side usually goes on the board and the hook side on the pedals.
              Don't think there's any real purpose to that, but it seems to be sort of an informal standard.
              It's because if you put the hook side on the board the board picks up an astounding amount of fluff and crap. At least with the hooks on the bottom of the pedals you don't have to see the collected stuff. :P
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

The vac works much better on the soft stuff, so anytime you redo the board or just remove the cables it's easy to do a quick clean.

Comment

The Temple Audio system of mounting plates works well, but can get expensive.

Comment

See - I'm subject to use the pedals all over the place. So I like soft on the pedal.

My board generally down't pick up stuff because dogs and cats don't sleep on my board!

Optionally, you can run a vacuum every once and again...
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      See - I'm subject to use the pedals all over the place. So I like soft on the pedal.

My board generally down't pick up stuff because dogs and cats don't sleep on my board!

Optionally, you can run a vacuum every once and again...
                      I think most of the hair, dirt and lint comes from the venues not the home or studio -god knows if they ever vacuum those places
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                        Nonsense! There is no reason why a concert venue or rock and roll bar would not be thoroughly vacuumed after closing every night. I simply will not hear such allegations.
                        That's why they call it the whiskey a toe goo!

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                          Hook side on pedal

When using pedals off board
                          A bath mat will keep everything in place

Persian rugs are where the tone is
                          They really pull the tone together.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Also, when a pedal is not on the Temple Audio board, it's not going to sit flat anywhere else because it has that mounting plate on it, right?
                            Yup...you'd have to take the plate off. It isnt too hard to do that, but you have an extra step of getting the adhesive off, too. But in the Temple ecosystem, it works well.

Comment

Nonsense! There is no reason why a concert venue or rock and roll bar would not be thoroughly vacuumed after closing every night.
                              I simply will not hear such allegations.
                              Vomit does not vacuum so well, tho a mop does more appeal to its subtler matter formation.
                              Vacuums are for the front of house, or the restaurant section of the establishment.

Comment

Maybe we should use magnets

Or some sort of snap

Maybe a blister pack system

Just spitballin
                                EHD
                                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                                X