Velcro on a board....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velcro on a board....

Soft stuff (loop) on the board, or on the pedal?

I always put the harsh plastic (hook) on the board, and the soft stuff (loop) on the pedal. I like that the softer part doesn't slide like the plastic/hooks if I use a pedal on the ground.

How about you?
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

im with ya on this. i didnt pay attention with some pedals when i slapped the stuff on the bottom so i have a few that have the hooks on that side, like my rotosphere, so when i put it on a rug it grabs hold and its a pita to get up. soft stuff on the bottom of the pedal is almost always better unless you want the hooks to hold things on a rug when you arent using a pedal board

Comment

I did the same. The hook just seemed more like it needed to be on the board.

Comment

I put the hook on the pedal. If I use an individual pedal on a carpeted surface it doesn't move around.

Comment

If someone ever put velcro on my pedals I would call the police.
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
            If someone ever put velcro on my pedals I would call the police.
            Go ahead what's Sting going to do club me with an endangered panda?

Comment

Dual Lock. The glue on regular Velcro will fail before the hook and loop does. Especially in Florida. It leaves the pedals in a pile of a gooey mess. Dual Lock uses a different sticky stuff.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If you buy a Pedaltrain, Rockboard, or ____ pedalboard, the hook and loop normally goes on the pedals and the soft stuff goes on the pedals. And I'm with Bruce, with the hooks on the pedal, they don't slide on carpet.

Comment

I've been using 3M Dual Lock for years, I can't imagine using anything else now.
                  There are enough things to worry about, when you find a winner, you use it and move on, that battle has been won and done.

Comment

I've always put the soft side on the board. I'll use the stuff that came with the Pedaltrain board or go to Home Depot for the heavy duty stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                      I've always put the soft side on the board.

I kid I kid,...
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I put Soft side on pedal and Hard on Pedalboard so that the pedal board doesn't pick up and capture all kinds of nasty lint, hair, and whatever facing up between the pedals

But most of my pedals for my gig rig are bolted down directing using the threaded holes on the bottom plate so that they don't have any play when they are stepped on.
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                          I put Soft side on pedal and Hard on Pedalboard so that the pedal board doesn't pick up and capture all kinds of nasty lint, hair, and whatever facing up between the pedals

But most of my pedals for my gig rig are bolted down directing using the threaded holes on the bottom plate so that they don't have any play when they are stepped on.
                          That's what I'd do if I actually stomped my stompboxes. When I do play, I mostly have my pedal board sitting on a music stand with a few distortions on the floor.
                          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I believe the soft side usually goes on the board and the hook side on the pedals.
                            Don't think there's any real purpose to that, but it seems to be sort of an informal standard.
                            Adhesion to carpet in the absence of a pedalboard could be the reason I guess.

Dual Lock is great stuff. With DL on both surfaces, removing a pedal is actually difficult.
                            So secure you have to use a screwdriver or really wrestle with it: solid enough to prevent casual theft.

Another thing - Dual Lock works pretty well hooking onto standard Velcro fuzz too.
                            More solid than regular Velcro, I think. Yet it will come free without an implement if you want.
                            Last edited by eclecticsynergy; 08-05-2021, 06:52 PM.
                            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Hook side on pedal

When using pedals off board
                              A bath mat will keep everything in place

Persian rugs are where the tone is
                              EHD
                              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                              X