"N"PD - Butthole Burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "N"PD - Butthole Burner

I received the pedal a week or so ago and while I haven't played with a lot of distortion pedals, I'm pretty sure if I just want straight out distortion I can settle on this being the one I use forever.

The Ibanez Mikro and LP, while sounding completely different, already seem married to the extra push the pedal gives them. And it seems like love at first sight between this pedal and my Artist 335 with the Octane Alnico 8. My new Player guitar has a completely different sound altogether, which is obviously due to having single coil pickups. On the lighter distortion setting (provided by the micro-switch setting 'Balmy') it really pushes forward that "chime" everybody seems to rave about with Fender guitars in a way I've not really heard before.

The name might be a tad juvenile for some, along with a couple of the design elements, but the chilli/pepper theme along with the colour scheme is just top f'n shelf.

All said, despite the silliness, the Butthole Burner isn't just some cash grabbing piece of junk, which it could have so easily been. If there is one issue I have it is that for me, even before shipping/insurance costs, the asking price is a bit much. At least that is alleviated when you buy direct from the band website. Do not give those thieves on eBay a damn cent.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Who makes it and what does it look like, or do I even wanna know?

Comment

Oh no, is Google broken AGAIN?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius Paisley View Post
        I'll proudly be the last person to go searching google for info on the butthole burner.

Usually a N_D comes with pics or links right off the top, but feel free to be lazy if you want lol.

Comment

Sounds like something Dave Friedman would be involved in.

Comment

Here's the safe-for-work pic:

Comment

The pedal was previously called the P***y Melter. The circuit seems to get rave reviews. There's even a guy on eBay that claims to make a proper clone of the original

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post

I'll proudly be the last person to go searching google for info on the butthole burner.

Usually a N_D comes with pics or links right off the top, but feel free to be lazy if you want lol.
                I'd like join ya on being the next to last person as well cause I've already looked up on haemorrhoids before, I know what items would cause a butthole to burn lol

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                  Here's the safe-for-work pic:

Woah!

Comment

I can't speak for that one, but all the others I've seen have the Scorched/Balmy switch the other way around.

Comment

You know a pedal is good when all the talk is about the name, artwork, revised name, artwork, etc.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius Paisley View Post
                        I can't speak for that one, but all the others I've seen have the Scorched/Balmy switch the other way around.
                        That was a pic taken right from the SP site...

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                          You know a pedal is good when all the talk is about the name, artwork, revised name, artwork, etc.
                          Well, the artwork was meant to be provocative, so it makes sense that people would be talking about it

The name revision is relevant to people looking for information about this particular circuit and its history

Op says it's good. Others say it's good. What makes a pedal "good" in your opinion?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                              The pedal was previously called the P***y Melter. The circuit seems to get rave reviews. There's even a guy on eBay that claims to make a proper clone of the original
                              I ask again - If this was put out without the 13yr old humor names, or the band association, would anyone be running out to buy it. We'll never know.
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X