No announcement yet.

Sophie's Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With my current board, I’d have to go with the DM-2w. I don’t have a lot and that one I could get away without in any band other than the worship group. Gotta have delay there. But, I’m not using my big board right now anyway and I can’t remove anything from the Fly Rig.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
      With my current board, I’d have to go with the DM-2w. I don’t have a lot and that one I could get away without in any band other than the worship group. Gotta have delay there. But, I’m not using my big board right now anyway and I can’t remove anything from the Fly Rig.
      And the fly rig delay is quite nice imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Maybe my compressor, which is a very mild 'always on' one.
        So now you are just messing with me aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

And the fly rig delay is quite nice imho.
          Yes, it is. The tap tempo is great and the mod feature adds a nice mild chorus effect.

Comment

I could use the Fly Rig as my only rig. The distortion is a little intense for me, but I could get used to it.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Have you tried the Earthquaker Devices Plumes?
              No but I sure hear good things about them. On the other hand I've seen several on local or nearby craigslist ads, which doesn't always mean they're uneventful, sometimes just that there are a lot of them out there.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                Having just got the new black 40th-A SD-1 a couple months back I'll say this;

I like the fact it barely changes the tone with the knob set to around noon, and even if you set it anywhere between 9:00 and 3:00 it's fairly clear in comparison to the way most screamers add more midrange hump/character to the tone. It juices the feel and ease-of-play without changing the EQ curve as much. More of a broad gentle hump.

What I don't like is that it lacks output when ran in the clean-boost settings or close to them. (0-gain, level-max) With just a bit more output it would be one of the best overdrives for clean-boosting an already saturated amp that you don't want to change too much with the boost.
                Yeah, I've actually found it sounds best in an overdriven amp with drive at 8:00. Needs maybe just a little bit more output.

Comment

A Boss SD-1 is the only pedal I am using at present (to drive my SC20C). It sounds better than the BD-2 I bought some time back, but I suppose that one would do the same thing, so I can do without the SD.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                    Eventide H9. -I only use it for 2 songs.
                    No way in hell I could get by without mine.

Comment

I'd pull my FullDrive 2 MOSFET. It's a beautiful blue and sounds amazing goosing my amp in a loud, live setting,

But I find the FatBoost 3 livens up the dynamics, and gets things nice n' greasy without the blatant mid hump

• EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                      • G&L Tribute Comanche
                      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

My Source Audio Gemini Chorus, love the effect, but could sacrifice it if I had to...

Comment

Wah.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            I could use the Fly Rig as my only rig. The distortion is a little intense for me, but I could get used to it.
                            Yes - that's nice, but can you REMOVE it from the board!
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Tech 21 really needs to make a Fly Rig with a U.S. Metal as the distortion.
                              Check out the Paul Landers signature Fly Rig. There's more distortion there than anyone should need.

Comment

Several years ago I got rid of a lot of pedals (15 or so) that were, quite frankly, the typical impulse buys.

And focused on getting stomps that had an important purpose/utility or ones that I would unquestionably use a lot.

So nowadays -

Probably my MXR CAE Line Driver/Boost.

I got it for the utilitarian aspects (good buffer and clean boost in one).

Comment

Working...
                                X