Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best delay under $150?

What's the best delay for under $150?

It is time to add a delay pedal on my board. Last delay I had was the Digitech Altered Delay which I did enjoy, but ended up selling it a year ago. Thought about buying another one used but the prices have gone up since Digitech no longer make it. Think I payed only $65 used for mine. Looking for something similar to the Altered Delay new or used that has different modes plus reverse.

That is a tough price range to be in for a delay with various features. For that price range, and being wonderful delays, I would suggest these.

1) Diamond Memory Lane
    2) DOD Rubberneck
    3) Providence Chrono Delay
    4) Walrus Audio ARP 87
    5) Neunaber Echelon
    6) Neunaber Immerse MK2 has some nice delay settings on it as well as Reverb.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Do you want/need tap tempo? If so, up your budget range. If you want a no-frills delay to set and forget, there's so many options out there. I have a Boss DM-2w that I love. The MXR Carbon Copy is another good one. The Boss Digital Delays are always good. The DD-8 allows tap tempo using the footswitch or an external switch but I haven't seen many of those used. There's a few on Reverb right now but expect them to go quick.

Comment

EHX Canyon. Worth the extra $8

Packed with more power than pedals taking up more real estate, the compact Canyon features a collection of awe-inspiring effects. From pristine digital delay to warm and warbly tape echo, reverse and modulated delays, cascading octave delay and shimmer… even an exquisite Deluxe Memory Man emulation. There are ten diffe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ill second the carbon copy.

Also do you want anog or digital delay?
          1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
          Jackson Soloist 7 string
          ESP LTD M-400
          Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
            That looks interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
              Ill second the carbon copy.

Also do you want anog or digital delay?
              The option of both be great.

Comment

I went for the DOD Rubberneck, but I think the Boss DD series would be a good bet for getting the reverse mode.
                I think the Digitech and EHX digital delays might do reverse, I will check.

EDIT: yes, the Obscura and Canyon are both statesmen to have reverse modes.
                Last edited by CaptainWhizz; 10-11-2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Another for the Carbon Copy very flexible gets everything I need done, done.

Comment

Go for a TC Flashback 2, which has a ton of options you can edit with a phone or tablet and store on the pedal.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

[QUOTE=ErikH;n6118659] The Boss Digital Delays are always good. The DD-8 allows tap tempo using the footswitch or an external switch but I haven't seen many of those used.

The Boss DD-7 also can do tap tempo and is a very good delay. There are fairly easy to find on the used market.

Comment

Can't beat the flashback2 in that price range, and it has all those extra tone-print slots, it's as easy as just loading them up from their website.
                        Original flashbacks should be real cheap by now if you can be happy with one print slot.

Comment

I had a Flashback X4 briefly and like the Carbon Copy much better. I also like it better than the EHX Canyon, which I also own and is way more flexible. Carbon Copy just pushes all the right buttons.

Comment

OP did ask for a pedal with different modes plus reverse.

Comment

If simple and effective is the goal -Carbon Copy.
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                              X