X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    Play with the FAT preset on your H9
    havent tried that one!
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

havent tried that one!
      Pretty sure it is in the H910 algorithms

Comment

Back in Ye Olde Days (pre 1990) I used a chorus pedal set to slowest rate, highest depth, before Distortion. I tried delay but never hit a setting that worked for me.
        Also, always amp reverb. Never owned an amp without decent spring reverb, still won't. Start at zero & turn it up until the sound shifts, or start at 10 and turn it down until it sounds clear. It's the same sweet spot either way.
        I also lean toward hollow & semi-hollow or really resonant solid guitars because they breathe - a sustained note or chord changes as you let it ring and strumming is more staccato/less even and compressed, which also gives it some motion or breath or whatever word means "less perfect and more human sounding."

Comment

An actual Dimension pedal is a wonderful thing. It is like a chorus without modulation, and it really comes alive in stereo.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Usually delay set to 1-2 repeats with level set fairly low, light-mid reverb and sometimes a little chorus (MXR Micro Chorus) set at it's lowest. I love my modulations and use them all the time but I use them very sparingly/moderately. All these together can do the cool 80's metal/rock cleans and old-school Metallica cleans in spades. Chorus all on its own can make OD-distortion really sound great and full with lots of dimension and still clear and articulate a touch of reverb can sound nice too but not to much. People try to play it off like you need all this stuff set high for the 80's thing but in fact all together it's very little from each one.
            Last edited by Mr. 80's; 11-14-2021, 07:05 AM.

Comment

granted, im playing blues rock stuff, not what i believe you usually play. most of the time im using a fender reverb amp so i have the reverb on. in a two guitar band, that might be it. in a trio i usually add a little delay as well. depending on the material and venue, i may setup the rotosphere with one amp on each side of the stage. the fender reverb amp on my side and different amp with no reverb on the other side. even with the break on, there is still a touch of warble. slow speed is a cool almost chorusy sound.

Comment

The mod setting on my boss rv6 does this for me...
                Kiesel Aries Blood Red (M22SD/M22V)
                ESP LTD KH Quija Red Sparkle
                Friedman Be-OD Deluxe/AMT P-Drive, Boss RV-6 --> AMT Tube Cake --> 1x12" EVH Cab w/ Celestion Lynchback

Comment

For me I like to achieve this with a very light chorus, almost to the point of it not being there. Like a pinch of salt. Enough to make a difference but not overdoing it. I like delay to really spice it up. Reverb is usually always on with a mild setting to create some space.

Comment

I will say this - the most "Dimensional" amp I own is my Pro Jr.

When I hear that thing it is like "Is there reverb or something in there?" It just has some sort of depth about it none of my other amps do.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

This does it in spades
                      Neunaber Immerse

I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Stereo spread on high frequencies
                        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                        Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                        http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Working...
                        X