Noisy TU-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy TU-2

I was really surprised to discover that removing my TU-2 from my signal chain dropped the noise floor substantially. My thought to fix it is to add an A/B box to split it out from the rest of my effects. Is this a good idea, and if so, what's the best value in silent switch boxes? I had considered JHS and Donner, but I'm open to anything. I could buy a new tuner, but then I'm taking a chance on something much more costly and for relatively little benefit.

I’m surprised it adds noise to the chain. Maybe it’s the buffer not playing well with something else in the chain?

Rather than buying an a/b box you could try a new true bypass tuner, I’m sure they are on sale these days, and sell your TU2 if it solves the issue. I think the Korg is TB.

Comment

By and large and with a few notable exceptions (SD-1 bleeds sound into the bypass on some settings, some of the older ACA pedals like the PSM-5 really sucked balls) Boss buffers that I've used have generally been pretty good.

FWIW - I have the Korg Pitchblack Custom tuner. It works well, is easy to see, and is true bypass.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I used an EB Volume Pedal for a while that had a second silent route, though attenuates highs too much for me. These days I have a BOSS NS or a Rocktron effect looper that can bypass to tune.

Comment

New tuner time.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I would grab a new tuner.
            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

i used a tu2 till it was stolen, i never kept it inline but it was a good tuner. i have a tu3 now, i still dont keep it inline

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                FWIW - I have the Korg Pitchblack Custom tuner. It works well, is easy to see, and is true bypass.
                I have this one too. Great tuner. I have the handheld version and the sledgehammer head stock clip-on version too.

Comment

A used Pitchblack just arrived yesterday. My house is under major construction, though, so I haven't had time to run the rig with it in line.

Comment

If you are daisy chaining the tuner may have been putting noise into the DC voltage that was getting picked up by other pedals, it may not have been noisy itself. You can test this by putting a battery in it and putting it back in the chain.

Comment

Working...
                    X