Strymon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strymon

I see that Strymon has recently been offering some of the same pedals in a new color for that pedal. Several of their pedals are now being offered in a Midnight Blue/Charcoal Gray blend of color. It looks nice for sure. I have also seen some other limited edition variants like the Flint having black knobs instead of white. I guess rather than make new products for more sales you can simply change colors and people will buy the new color.

Good move or bad move?
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

I would say good move for their audience. I regularly see special editions of pedals go for more than normal ones. It’s a way to create scarcity artificially and hence value.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
      I would say good move for their audience. I regularly see special editions of pedals go for more than normal ones. It’s a way to create scarcity artificially and hence value.
      No price difference. I find it interesting and a way for them to possibly multiple sell the same product.
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I love the idea of different color schemes. More companies should do this.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

No price difference. I find it interesting and a way for them to possibly multiple sell the same product.
          No price difference now. In the secondary market they go for higher value after a couple of years.

What Strymon gets is the ability to sell a second identical pedal to someone or to collectors that wouldn’t have been interested otherwise.

Comment

So they ran out of paint due to covid shipping and had to use something else? It's a feature now.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

What Strymon gets is the ability to sell a second identical pedal to someone or to collectors that wouldn’t have been interested otherwise.
              Boss does this sometimes, too. SD is one of the companies that has changed pedal colors, too, but I don't know if that resulted in a price increase down the line.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Color scheme on your pedal board is the single most important factor in guitar tone.

Honestly, every pedal should come in every color -and you pick when you order...

How else can we maximize tone?

Pedal order should be dictated by the color -for the same reason the Dewy Decimal and Library of Congress system are dying methods in libraries...

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

They ran out of the cream knobs for flint, that’s why they were temporarily black. I doubt anyone is going to have a blue Big Sky and a black one. It’ll either push someone over the edge to buy or they will buy and se the current. All IMO of course.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

BNG - Motorcycle companies do this all the time, if there are no changes in a model year they usually have "BOLD NEW GRAPHICS"

Comment

This doesn't bother me even slightly. If you're going to spend Strymon money on a pedal, you should be smart enough to research whether a different color means a different sound.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
                        This doesn't bother me even slightly. If you're going to spend Strymon money on a pedal, you should be smart enough to research whether a different color means a different sound.
                        It's not the color of the pedal that dictates sound and tone, it's the color of the pedal as it relates to the adjacent pedal colors in your scheme on your board.

It's very complicated.
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Boss does this sometimes, too. SD is one of the companies that has changed pedal colors, too, but I don't know if that resulted in a price increase down the line.
                          I think it may only work with the hipster crowd / pedals

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                            They ran out of the cream knobs for flint, that’s why they were temporarily black. I doubt anyone is going to have a blue Big Sky and a black one. It’ll either push someone over the edge to buy or they will buy and se the current. All IMO of course.
                            Strymonites will.
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Strymonites will.
                              Does that mean I have to return my card for shredding?
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X