banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a New Delay Pedal, What's Your Favorite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a New Delay Pedal, What's Your Favorite?

I have a Seymour Duncan DejaVu delay pedal. It's a great pedal if you know how to use it; and up until a little while ago, I didn't. I'm using it for general delay repeats. Trying to use it for those dotted-eighth note repeats ala Albert Lee. I'm looking for a pedal to use specifically for a subtle slapback. What do you guys use?
    -Butch

How much do you want to spend and what bells and whistles do you need above what you mentioned? If all you need is slap back I would go with a Carbon Copy. It is cost effective, does the trick nicely for what you mentioned.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
      How much do you want to spend and what bells and whistles do you need above what you mentioned? If all you need is slap back I would go with a Carbon Copy. It is cost effective, does the trick nicely for what you mentioned.
      Don't need anything boutique $$$$$. Just need a good clean, easy pedal to get a good, but subtle slapback. Nothing like a rockabilly echo.
      -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post

Don't need anything boutique $$$$$. Just need a good clean, easy pedal to get a good, but subtle slapback. Nothing like a rockabilly echo.
        The carbon copy would do that.
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I like the MXR Carbon Copy, its Analog, simple and works very well.
          I've tried others but always come back to the CC.

Comment

The MXR Carbon Copy or the Boss DM-2w would be my recommendations. Can't go wrong with either one.

Good to see you around, Butch. I hope you are doing well.

Comment

I have a Joyo Nascar (BBD) analog delay;

It's rather cheap, has a max. of 350ms time; and sounds great to me! . That classic, warm, "lo-fi" delay analog tone.

...mention that I'm a poor artist with debt; so I can't afford those high-end pedals.

\m/

-E ♪
              If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                The Donner Yellow Fall is a good, cheap delay that makes for a nice slapback. The Carbon Copy is pretty great, though.
                The Donner Yellow Fall is very cool and super cheap. Also, doesn't take up much room at all.
                -Butch

Comment

Another vote for the Carbon Copy. I think it will shine for what you are looking for. Another option is a Boss DD-7. It has a very nice analog setting, but also has a variety of other delays that can be really fun to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post

The Donner Yellow Fall is very cool and super cheap. Also, doesn't take up much room at all.
                    I have a donner yellow fall. It's a decent little delay pedal if you just need something simple and good sounding.
                    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

To do what you want easily, I'd look for a delay that has tap tempo and a dotted 8th setting. I use an old Line DL4, which sounds glorious, but it may be too big for you.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Doesn't Bill Frisell use a DL4? :o
                        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

I also use the Carbon Copy for my slapback.

Comment

I'll add another vote for the Carbon Copy. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              To do what you want easily, I'd look for a delay that has tap tempo and a dotted 8th setting. I use an old Line DL4, which sounds glorious, but it may be too big for you.
                              I have the DejaVu for dotted eighth note and normal delay stuff. I ordered a Donner Yellow Fall. Should arrive tomorrow.
                              Last edited by Butch Snyder; 02-08-2022, 11:42 AM.
                              -Butch

Comment

Working...
                              X