Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 PEDAL CHALLENGE

Scenario:
    Your manager calls you to tell you that your band gets to go on a short and hasty tour leg with (your favorite band that's currently still touring)
    The only catch is that I (as the tour manager) have imposed some strange stipulations:
    1. You may only bring 2 pedals.
    2. You can bring whatever single amp/guitar you currently own.
    3. You are leaving in 30 minutes!

Question what 2 pedals do you bring?

You can't cheat.... 3 mini pedals won't work!
    Multi effects pedals/boards won't work!
    you get 2 regular kind of pedals! (They can be larger, for instance a metal Muff with top boost will fly)
    If you are bringing your Kemper, don't type anything, just scroll on by ... Same if you're planning on typing about your fractal... Just click the back button and go talk about it elsewhere.

If you break stipulation #1, you get booted off the tour and replaced by Hollywood Blvd.

In my case, and for example,
    I would choose the EHX East River drive, and the ISP decimator.
    Dirt and Gate!
    I suppose you can disclose your amp and guitar choice if you must.
    Epi Explorer and Marshall Mode Four. (It's got a solo boost)

I could do a show with nothing else. Granted my solos might suffer without a delay or whatnot..... But I could still deliver the goods and sound like me with just those 2.

What do you choose, you sadistic heathens?
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Boss BD-2 and my SD Deja Vu delay. That's my bare minimum. I'd sure miss the univibe, compressor, and wah though.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

My Dracarys Distortion and MOOG Minifooger Delay. The MOOG can be used as a delay or boost and the Dracarys Distortion can be dialed back nicely out of high gain territory if needed.

Comment

That's easy. My Boss DD-7 and my Electric Mistress. My PRS and Marshall will do the rest. Really wouldn't even miss the other faff I use on occasion.

Comment

Proco RAT2 and MXR Micro Chorus.

Comment

Wampler Plexi Drive and Way Huge Green Rhino. I'm going to have to invest in a headstock tuner, I suppose.

Comment

Ehh...that's when you send a roadie or two out to the car park and look for guitar player cars. Open window and ...ahh a Snark...you're nicked!

I'd like to welcome everybody here tonight and special thank you to whoever owns the green Camery with the Judas Priest bumper sticker. See us after the show so we can give you your tuner back. OK LET'S RAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'd bring my BYOC Klone and an SD Vapor Trail. I could get used to using only 2 pedals like that.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Since my amp has most of what I need, it would be the Pedal Monsters Klone and MXR Phase 90.

Comment

im assuming a camel toe isnt allowed. if thats the case id bring timmy and a vapor trail. dirt + delay will get me through any gig

Comment

Jackson Audio Golden Boy
                      EHX Big Box DMM

Comment

Boss Super Phaser and VFE Ice Scream

Comment

My Amp, under those conditions will be my Marshall VS100 - light, durable, and clean/OD1/OD2
                          My guitar will be my #1 Les Paul Standard

So my pedals will be in the loop. It has built in Reverb...

In the spirit of the game though I will take:
                          Tech 21 Boost DLA
                          Digitech Chorus Factory

However...I was tempted to say these but the H2O violates the sprite of the task.
                          Visual Sound H2O Chorus + Delay
                          Boss RV 3

Honestly though, I'm on tour with KISS so all I need is Christine and the Marshall.
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Since my Kemper is verbotten.... My Mesa Road King, Gibson Traditional Pro, Boss EQ200 and my MXR/CAE boost/OD. I'm not a big effects guy and I would prefer to have the near limitless tonal variations the EQ and boost will give me. While not my favorite guitar, it's the only one with coil splits and can cover a ton of ground.

Comment

Oh for an amp, I could pretty much use any Deluxe-like amp.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X