Any Boss Pedals with Japanese Text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Boss Pedals with Japanese Text?

Why do the early MIJ Boss pedals made for Japense market have inscriptions in English despite not using words that have any semblance to katakana?

Same as JDM cars come to think of it.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Example?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

That's what I'm looking for, an example. Why do the pedals designed to be sold in Japan have English text?
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Between your first post and your second post, I'm a bit confused...

Comment

I would posit it's because the manuals always have multiple languages, most Japanese can read enough English, and they wouldn't want to have to maintain a line of physical products in every language they support, English being the number one they want to target.

Comment

There are a lot more Japanese who can read English than English speaking people who can read Japanese. Also, when Boss started coming out with those pedals they were primarily designed for the West . . . as guitar wasn't as big a thing in Japan at the time. They weren't originally designed to be sold in Japan.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
            X