Let’s Play Guess-the-New-Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let’s Play Guess-the-New-Pedal

I’ll drop in some hints and try to be subtle about it, but my first is a straight clue. It’s not a dirt pedal. I have dirt pedals and copies of dirt pedals, and I like what I have. I will say what I got is a deluxe model.

Carbon Copy Deluxe

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	7730558D-EF5A-4417-B34A-E93583C613E2.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	6198968
      I guess it wasn’t going to be fun for everybody. Good call, Bruce.

My original CC recently decided it was done putting out any effected signal at all, so I went through a couple other pedals trying to get the Carbon Copy sound. Way Huge Echo Puss was close, but the repeats were too bright. I tried to dial in something close on my EHX Canyon, but that pedal seems to add a ton of noise to my rig, so it didn’t get much of a chance.

This just reminded me of why everyone sings the praises of the Carbon Copy. It just sounds great and really fattens up the sound in all the right ways. Love it.

Comment

I have the smaller CC, I love it. Is the upgrade to the big boy something I should consider?

Comment

Hard to say yet. I've played with it engaged for about a half hour so far. I never opened up the normal version to mess with the trimpots, either until it broke and I tried to see if I could narrow down the cause. I think this version moved them to the outside of the enclosure and added tap tempo. I also didn't even try with the bright switch engaged, because the darkness--and I've always taken issue with that; it doesn't sound dark, just not bright--is what I think gives the pedal a lot of its character. I would not have upgraded if my original was still working.

Being the good citizen I am, I took the old one to our electronics recycling center, and it seemed pretty obvious the guy who took it from me had never put his hands on an effects pedal before. He was clicking the button and turning it over and back and examining it like a child seeing a remote control for the first time.

Comment

Securb just bringing the heat.

Enjoy, I’ve been tempted to buy one for years now!
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Does the CCD have any kind of expression control?
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Does the CCD have any kind of expression control?
                Yes, there’s a jack labeled EXP above the speed knob. It’ll accept at least a DVP3 or DVP4 volume pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post

Yes, there’s a jack labeled EXP above the speed knob. It’ll accept at least a DVP3 or DVP4 volume pedal.
                  oh cool! What can you control with it? I use an exp pedal with my delays all the time.

Comment

oh cool! What can you control with it? I use an exp pedal with my delays all the time.
                    Sorry I let this slip for a couple of days, Dave. I made a mental note to look up the manual again and break it down, but then I forgot.

It looks like a volume pedal lets you sweep between two different delay configurations, but an external tap switch can do quite a few things for you. Here's the list from the manual:
                    1. Toggle between configurations.
                    2. Control the bright button.
                    3. Control the tap-div button.
                    4. Toggle the mod button.

It looks like only one of those features can be controlled at a time, though.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post

Sorry I let this slip for a couple of days, Dave. I made a mental note to look up the manual again and break it down, but then I forgot.

It looks like a volume pedal lets you sweep between two different delay configurations, but an external tap switch can do quite a few things for you. Here's the list from the manual:
                      1. Toggle between configurations.
                      2. Control the bright button.
                      3. Control the tap-div button.
                      4. Toggle the mod button.

It looks like only one of those features can be controlled at a time, though.
                      Oh cool. I'd set it for controlling feedback and delay volume. I got so used to using an exp pedal with delay (I use a DL4) that I don't want a delay pedal without it.

Comment

Oh cool. I'd set it for controlling feedback and delay volume. I got so used to using an exp pedal with delay (I use a DL4) that I don't want a delay pedal without it.
                        Same here I use the EXP with the H9. Controlling the feedback during leads is awesome. I do not think I could go back to not having it.

Comment

Working...
                        X