banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Long-Shot...Anyone familiar with the JPTR FX "Ramrod"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Long-Shot...Anyone familiar with the JPTR FX "Ramrod"?

On a complete whim, I happen to have one of these uber-odd noise makers on the way:

Apparently, it's a dual filter guitar synth pedal that funks up your waveform in some crazy ways and can also be used with bass, drums, and synced with other synths via inputs I have not clue about. I've never had anything like it and have virtually no experience with actual synths or these types of guitar pedals in general.

I was looking for a way to modify the waveform of my guitar signal on its way into a high-gain fuzz pedal in order to create some buzz-laden, '90s-inspired, synthy-distortion effects to experiment with. This so-called "Waveform Transformer" seemed like it might fit the bill.

Thing is, I can't find a single demo aside from a German "bass" demo from 2019 and there's literally zero info online about the pedal. I sent a message to the builder asking if there was a manual or description of the functions available, but haven't heard back. Internet archives of the JPTR FX website aren't helpful, either, as the pedal doesn't appear there in past iterations.

Apparently, only a handful were made and this is the final version. Would love to know more about it!

Here's the bass demo:

Square waves rule for "stop and chop".

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I see 2 email addresses
      [email protected]

[email protected]

On the vid the guy talks about 2 versions of the Ramrod. The second version has an additional bass boost. Hope that helps.
      Last edited by hamerfan; 10-11-2022, 02:56 AM.
      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post
        I see 2 email addresses
        [email protected]

[email protected]

On the vid the guy talks about 2 versions of the Ramrod. The second version has an additional bass boost. Hope that helps.
        Thank you!

I emailed the first address, but I'll try the second one also.

I found some pics of earlier iterations. Pretty sure the version I have coming is the most recent one, but it would be nice to confirm.

Comment

I love weird@$$ noise machines.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I heard back. No official manual available for it, but the response was:

Stab (stability) is how sensitive the synth trigger is to your signal
            Freq is how high the synth “jumps” if you play it
            Gate is how fast it jumps back
            Impact is a bass drive made for low frequencies.
            Also, found this diagram from an older listing, which I'll just put here for future reference:

Comment

Working...
            X