I won another pedal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won another pedal!

I just found out last night that I won another giveaway! This time I won a Wittenberg bass preamp from Westminster effects from the hey worship leader giveaway on IG. That is the second giveaway I won this week making a total of 5 this year. That's good because I don't have any bass pedals. I used to think that no one ever wins these things until I won one...
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Dang! Keep moving forward with that winning streak!

Comment

My employer has a program whereby we occasionally get brownie points for doing something good. It's usually for going above and beyond to complete a job when the higher-ups fail to plan it properly. In general, the brownie points aren't much of an incentive because there's no public recognition that you did a good job, just anonymous points in an online account. Earn enough points and you can redeem them for fabulous prizes, which then further fuels your chronic attitude problem when they take income tax on the prize's somewhat inflated value out of your next pay check. It used to be that we could redeem points for gift cards, which was almost like converting them to cash, but no more. Now they're just good for "stuff" that I wouldn't ordinarily buy.

However, I noticed recently that they have some Fender stuff, mostly Squire guitars. There were a a few actual Fenders, but they go for more points than I'll ever earn in my remaining years of employment. Then I saw they carry the new line of Hammertone pedals, and they "cost" slightly less than my remaining points balance (after I "bought" a couple of Craftsman 20V impact drivers a while back). FINALLY, we arrive at the effects part of this overly-long story.

So I ordered myself a free (but taxable) Fender Hammertone Fuzz pedal. I'm not a big fuzz guy, but I like having them around for fun. I already have DIY clones of a Big Muff and a Fuzz Rite, but no nasty octave fuzz. I've never played a real Univox fuzz, but this thing sounds like that to me. I played the Woodstock version of the Who's Sparks and the pedal provided plenty of chaos in the big E-chord bridge section. Cool pedal, definitely a keeper, and best of all free (ish).
      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Working...
      X