Green Rhino or Golden Cello??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Rhino or Golden Cello??

Greetings~ just polling.... The added delay & slight fuzziness on the Mad Professor is very nice....
    Thnx allॐ

i have two green rhinos, a mk ii and mk iv, love em both. its a really good tube screamer with extra controls. havent owned a golden cello but ive heard them used to good effect. arent they discontinued?

Comment

I was always interested in the Golden Cello but never pulled the trigger on one.

Comment

The Green rhino is a great Tube Screamer; If a flexible screamer is what you want, get that.

Never actually played a Golden Cello - but have watched a bunch of vids. It is definitely a different take. If you think the delay will be a set & forget easy bonus, go for it. Honestly, I have mostly seen this thing used to cop Eric Johnson tones with one box. Not saying it might not be more flexible than that, and it does sound great.

Rhno: The best Screamer
        Cello: The most fun

That's how I see them.

Note: I have a digital Metalizer, which is the BOSS HM/DD version of the same kinda thing. It is fun and simple...but I prefer my favorite delay settings.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I had never heard of the Golden Cello before today, but my Green Rhino stopped my Tubescreamer searching and modding.

Comment

I went for the Golden Cello,,, just today received it & want to set those 3 micro pots inside accordingly before i go in head first...
            I'll report back asap.... Thnx allॐ

Comment

Not played a Rhino but have owned several Golden Cellos. The Golden Cello is a fun pedal--but I wouldn't put it down in the "tube screamer" class pedal. It is a very nice organic warm overdrive pedal that paired with the delay makes for a great addition to your pedalboard. Again, not used the Rhino but from the descriptions really see these as more of an apple to oranges comparison.

Comment

Working...
              X