banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I run a 12v pedal with a 9v power source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
    https://truetone.com/cs6/

Just get a proper power supply dude.
    I have a Trutone power brick. Said pedal is not on that board. It is just a free-standing random pedal.

Just get a proper clue dude.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I have a Trutone power brick. Said pedal is not on that board. It is just a free-standing random pedal.

Unless it's such a rare item as to make the cost prohibitive, I would just get the correct power supply.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have a proper power supply then hook it up to the pedal. Then you know if it's working correctly and sounds the way it should.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I have one.

Comment

Like i said, just get one of these to plug into your 9v wall-wart. This way you can run a few analog pedals if needed, and maybe a digital or two depending on the draw and power's rating (200/300/400 mv).

As long as you have at least one standard 9v pedal anywhere within the chain it will make the old 12v Boss ACA pedal run properly.

Get the guaranteed best price on Daisy Chain Cables like the Godlyke Power-All System C-5/R 5-Connector Right Angle Daisy Chain Cable at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on...

Comment

I have a few of those laying around. to a problem. Let me check it out.

FYI - tested another 12v; No sound, no LED, but I get a digital bleat. So it is definitely those AC units.

Comment

You keep saying 12V, AC or DC? An pedal that needs and AC adapter may probably run on a DC adapter, but not the other way around. If it's a vintage pedal, why take chances, just get the right one.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                  You keep saying 12V, AC or DC? An pedal that needs and AC adapter may probably run on a DC adapter, but not the other way around. If it's a vintage pedal, why take chances, just get the right one.
                  It is from the 90's. Not that "vintage" LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

My Decibel Eleven Hot Stone Deluxe has two variable outputs.
                    I have one too and it's great .
                    I can run a Tascam CD-GT2 Phrase Trainer, to jam along with on a extra Crate Power Block or learn music with .
                    The CD-GT2 uses 5 volt of power and I used the Hot Stone Deluxe's 5-9 volt adjustment knob to power that Tascam CD-GT2 device .

The DE Hot Stone Deluxe also powers my DE Loop Expander, that is designed for 9 volts , but I have been using the Hot Stone to pump in 12 volts and it works just fine .
                    Last edited by maug2122; 02-11-2023, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I knew a fellow who had a similar issue
                      his 12 volt pedal didn't work with his 12 volt supply

The multeffects pedal wanted 12v ac not dc

Worked just fine with the correct power

I have had a boss DR drum machine that listed a 14 vdc power requirement but worked just fine with a 12vdc

My Behringer FC volume pedal wants 12dc or else
                      EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

It is from the 90's. Not that "vintage" LOL
                        Iirc some of the older pedals sometimes took a positive tip and not a negative tip......or vice versa.

Some power supplies are opposite of what you may need. So even though they may be 12v, and they may fit in the hole....they could be wired backwards for a specific application.
                        https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post

Iirc some of the older pedals sometimes took a positive tip and not a negative tip......or vice versa.

Some power supplies are opposite of what you may need. So even though they may be 12v, and they may fit in the hole....they could be wired backwards for a specific application.
                          I know the Line 6 DL4, a very popular pedal, is wired 'backwards' from convention.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                          X