banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you pick board A, or board B and why.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you pick board A, or board B and why.

Hi, have to pick one of these boards that are similar - If you could only have one…would you go board A (GE7 EQ) or board B (Micro Amp) and why? Thanks guys!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jpodesz; 01-26-2023, 02:54 AM.

Board B

It has more of what I like; Canyon is excellent, LOVE the Grail, I like a "just more loud" at the end/MXR Microamp. I'd go script Phase 45 setting in a heartbeat vs Block 90.

I'd personally make a Hybrid of both of them.
    Last edited by Aceman; 01-26-2023, 07:09 AM.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I like B, too, but that's a personal choice, although I'd swap out the Red Dirt for the Tube Screamer.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I like B better.

The mid control makes the Deluxe Big Muff way more usable than a regular one. The mini MXR phaser sounds exactly the same as the bigger version. I like the carbon copy quite a bit, but would be able to get by with the Canyon for delay. I like the polytune better than the boss tuner. I never liked the XP100 as much as the later whammy and there's already a wah on the board, so no need at all for the wah side of it. Haven't tried the red dirt overdrive, but Keely makes good stuff and it's a TS circuit so it's probably a pretty good replacement for the tubescreamer.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Am I really the only person who thinks A?

Carbon Copy is WAY better than the Canyon. And yes, I've owned both. Carbon Copy twice now.

Comment

Red Dirt is a great sounding pedal! The WH-4 is way better than the XP100. I agree with the Phase 95 over the block 90. I’m sure I could get rumbly russian muff tones out of either. I do like the CC over the canyon for pure tone, but the Canyon has tap, so that’s fun. I’d take the reverb over noise gate so my choice is Micro Amp Board
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
            X