What's with the Zip amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with the Zip amp?

Got this thing a few weeks back. Some version of a BB Xotic. I love it. I've been running it by itself straight into several different amps. Tube or SS, this thing gets it done.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Cool, right? The Horse seems to have a fairly simple circuit design, but I really liked its level of drive and inherent tightness and the built-in compression toggle was more functional than some of the other BB-inspired pedals I've come across. Glad you're digging it!

Comment

RH200G2?
      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
        RH200G2?
        Yep.

Comment

That's a monster! No wonder you have it outside!

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
            That's a monster! No wonder you have it outside!
            Well, I figure that if I get to listen to the neighbors across the street cranking banda loud enough to be heard clearly in my living room over my own surround sound system, then I should return the favor with my guitar.

Comment

I have been looking at the Horse stuff. They do some cool-looking AIB stuff. I am on the fence about their Fender Deluxe box. Seeing you are liking the ZIP AMP I might pull the trigger on the American (Fender) or California (MESA) box for ~$35

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                I have been looking at the Horse stuff. They do some cool-looking AIB stuff. I am on the fence about their Fender Deluxe box. Seeing you are liking the ZIP AMP I might pull the trigger on the American (Fender) or California (MESA) box for ~$35

For $35 I might get one.
                But this thing has sounded good into every amp that I've used it with so far.
                Serious old school metal tones using the V with the Crunchlab/D-Activator neck set.

Comment

So are these some offshoot of Joyo? Same names ("Uzi", "Tauren") and similar look.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by larryguitar View Post
                    So are these some offshoot of Joyo? Same names ("Uzi", "Tauren") and similar look.

Larry
                    More of a riff-off of Joyo's IP.

Comment

Originally posted by larryguitar View Post

Larry
                      They are borrowing names and looks from Joyo, but the circuit boards and components are definitely a bit different between the two brands. They don't appear to be made by the same factory as far as I can tell.

Comment

So we've gotten to a point where people are cloning the cloners....(nothing against Joyo, love my Uzi, looking forward to a Zip Amp shortly). Really, it's turtles all the way down, isn't it?

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                          Yep.

It was my first ever halfstack and first rig I ever gigged with. Amazing sound not just for the price, but in general and a total sleeper amp, as it seems people have only just noticed how good they are. Even the G3 with the tube wasn’t as good.
                          The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Been using my Zip amp to goose my TT-Mayhem. Takes it into modern ultra gain mode.

Comment

Working...
                            X