Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspired by Securb

So, one new and one old pedal.

I love my POD Go. But I just do not like the dual tremolo/volume action. Too easy to accidentally have the wah on when not wanted, or off when needed. Additionally, just not a fan of the wah action (although I'm sure I could program it to perfection. Meh)

So...

I took my Liberty Wah to the gig last weekend. Very happy! Bonus...I ran a little cable so I could get out front with it.

And...

Finally got an MXR Talkbox! Oh yeah! Now I can get my Bon Jovi on Proper. Need to Put Kickstart My Heart back in the set and maybe add The Zoo.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Pics. Don’t iceman us.

Comment

I am loving the Bad Horsie. Tip on the talkbox, I use it like a funk wah when I do Superstition, sounds great.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        I am loving the Bad Horsie. Tip on the talkbox, I use it like a funk wah when I do Superstition, sounds great.
        Whoaaa - one step at a time.

Just becoming a Strat guy. No where close to getting funky yet!

That said - Livin' on a Prayer is gonna SLAY tomorrow night!!!!
        Last edited by Aceman; 10-22-2023, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I need to break out my Heil talk box. I haven't played it in awhile. I wonder how the other brands compare to it.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
            I need to break out my Heil talk box. I haven't played it in awhile. I wonder how the other brands compare to it.
            I like the the MRX because of the dedicated tone and gain controls

Comment

I like the the MRX because of the dedicated tone and gain controls
              I will say I found that very convenient...

Comment

So I got to ask, how was the crowd's reaction? I would imagine good people go nuts when you use those silly things. Secondly, did you find it easy to use and control?

Comment

Yes - crowd loved it when that noise got made. Nothing sounds exactly like it.

I definitely need to work on my live transitions. "Use" of it was pretty easy. No problems there. But going from clean mic to talk box could use just a little work. Still did "good enough" for a first time out, considering cool points for making the noise. One issue was I put it under my left foot of mic stand vs right foot, where I had been using it.

But now...like I said, I'll be getting my Sweet Emotion, Kickstart My Heart, Do You Feel (Like I Do), The Zoo, and those Eagles song(s) that Walsh does on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    Yes - crowd loved it when that noise got made. Nothing sounds exactly like it.

I definitely need to work on my live transitions. "Use" of it was pretty easy. No problems there. But going from clean mic to talk box could use just a little work. Still did "good enough" for a first time out, considering cool points for making the noise. One issue was I put it under my left foot of mic stand vs right foot, where I had been using it.

But now...like I said, I'll be getting my Sweet Emotion, Kickstart My Heart, Do You Feel (Like I Do), The Zoo, and those Eagles song(s) that Walsh does on!!!
                    Man in the Box is a fun one also. One thing I will warn you about. If you are doing longer pieces of music, you will start to drool from your mouth hanging open so long. Pull away from the tube when you get a chance. The second tip is to go to Home Depot if you need a replacement tube. Do not order from Dunlop.

Comment

Man in the Box is a fun one also. One thing I will warn you about. If you are doing longer pieces of music, you will start to drool from your mouth hanging open so long. Pull away from the tube when you get a chance. The second tip is to go to Home Depot if you need a replacement tube. Do not order from Dunlop.
                      I usually get my tube from Ace Hardware - but yeah!

I think I should have just stayed on the tube the whole song...good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I think I should have just stayed on the tube the whole song.
                        That's what she said! LOL

The MXR is great because you don't need a separate amp for it or have to deal with your teeth rattling on your head.

Comment

Working...
                        X