banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many pedals do you own and how much do you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For practicing at home I am currently using a mooer ge200. No need to use an amp with the headphones plugged in. I try to play up to 45 minutes per day in average . Someday I play more than one hour, someday I am not able to touch the guitar due to family stuff or extra time at work. For the live session with the band I have a pedalboard with 8 pedals
    Dunlop cry baby
    Mxr gt-od
    Mxr badass distortion
    Tc electronic mini spark
    Mxr phase 90
    Tc electronic flashback 2
    Tc electronic hall of fame
    Boss tuner
    In that specific order. All of them driven by a Gec9. Plus a caline big orange sometimes I swap with the gt-od.

Comment

I own a bunch, but they're almost all set up on my board in my rehearsal space. At home I only use an EQ and occasionally compressor (my home amp has reverb and boost built into it, to be fair). But option paralysis is definitely a thing. I suffered from that a bit when I used only modeling software at home, until I realised that Bias sounds like absolute dogsh*t no matter how I tweak it. Then I gave up and bought another tube amp instead.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      1973 Aria 551
      1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
      1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
      1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
      1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
      1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
      2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

After years of owning various pedals and just messing around, I finally bought an actual pedal board. So now having everything organized and ready to go with the flip of a switch, I find myself having a lot more fun these days, and actually playing a whole lot more. I should've done this years ago!
        Schecter Banshee Elite-6 (Natural Gloss), Custom/59-A4
        Schecter Banshee Elite-6 (Cat's Eye Pearl), Black Winter/Sentient-A2
        Schecter Blackjack SLS, Full Shred/Jazz
        Marshall DSL-40CR

Comment

I counted 27, of which I currently use 3 (Tuner, Dirt & Wah) I play about 4-16 hours/week, depending upon the band’s schedule. I don’t really practice at home much unless I’m learning new material.

Some are spares, a lot are left over from previous gigs.

I hold onto a few staples I keep as a reminder, just so I would stop buying/selling/ the same pedal over and over again thinking they’ll somehow be better this time (Muff, Rat, Fuzzface).

|| Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
          X