No announcement yet.

Carvin X1 tube preamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve is using a Synergy version of his Legacy amp.

The X1 and Legacy pedals are interesting and have been out a while, but I've never tried one.

Comment

I want to like it but the distorted clips just don’t do it for me. Clean sounds alright. Kinda like the x100b head I used to have.

Comment

I love my 1986 Carvin X-100 B, I heard that X-1 pedal is very very much like the the X-100.

You're not the only one who is curious about that pedal.
        A few guys have posted videos on YouTube about that pedal.
        I really miss the Carvin M22SD pickup, it's like a better version of the Dimarzio Evolution.

Comment

Originally posted by maug2122 View Post
          I love my 1986 Carvin X-100 B, I heard that X-1 pedal is very very much like the the X-100.

You're not the only one who is curious about that pedal.
          A few guys have posted videos on YouTube about that pedal.
          I really miss the Carvin M22SD pickup, it's like a better version of the Dimarzio Evolution.
          I would love to have tried more pre-Kiesel Carvin pickup designs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Wasn't that made right before they closed down their amps? Carvin did come out with cool stuff back in the day. I can't really stand the modern Kiesel designs.
            I agree with you on many designs from Kiesel right now. Really like my 23 Delos Super Strat but many of the new Kiesel designs are just not for me. Some of their new pickups are real killers but the stuff I like doesn't get pushed by them only the super hot and shrill sounding metal pickups do. It's a real shame as some of their Alnico mag mid output pickups are really really good. One of my absolute favorite humbucker combos in a guitar ever is the Kiesel Greg Howe Parallax bridge and the Frank Gambali neck I have in my 2014 Carvin DC 600. It's just pure magic but neither are even listed on the Kiesel pickup builder. I just don't understand what they are doing right now.
            It was a family feud that broke it all up. Carvin is not building anything in house anymore it's all built over seas now. Can't speak on the X preamp but the last generation of the X 100 was a monster. If you get one please give us a review.
            Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Inflames626 View Post

I have tried them all in fact have many in a box here. I prefer the newer Alnico mag Kiesel designs to most of the old Carvin stuff. They have a few real killers but none get the push or exposure they deserve. In fact the 2 Humbuckers I like the most from them aren't even listed on the Pickup Builder page. You have to know to ask for them from a rep to get them and it's a real shame.
              Guitars
              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

I have tried them all in fact have many in a box here. I prefer the newer Alnico mag Kiesel designs to most of the old Carvin stuff. They have a few real killers but none get the push or exposure they deserve. In fact the 2 Humbuckers I like the most from them aren't even listed on the Pickup Builder page. You have to know to ask for them from a rep to get them and it's a real shame.
                dont keep us waiting
                what are they?
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by Inflames626 View Post

The Carvin M22SD is very similar to a Dimarzio Evolution, except the bass is more focused / not flabby, has better upper mids and Bill Lawrence XL-500 treble that can be tamed by lowering the lugs or lowering the pickup.

Comment

They are not veyr expensive. Go for it!
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                    X