JHS Notaklon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JHS Notaklon

So JHS has a Klon clone DIY kit that looks very interesting. The price seems to be reasonable ($99). The sound samples are pretty convincing.
    Last edited by Explorer84; 11-29-2023, 02:06 PM.

Great price and like the no solder assembly idea

Comment

I just came here to post that I just pre-ordered one

Not because I need a Klön, but because the solderless idea intrigues me.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I hate that y'all posted this. Now I might have to get one.

Comment

He claims it's not a limited run, which is nice. Also for anyone wondering, it's pronounced "Not a klone", which is weird because even in his own video he pronounces it "Not a klon"
          Last edited by Chistopher; 11-15-2023, 09:38 PM.
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright

Comment

It probably sounds as good as all the others out there. It is a good price, too. I built a BYOC one for less, but it was all soldering.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The first batch of them sold out fast. I might have to get me one of those.
              Last edited by ErikH; 11-16-2023, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Besides the fact JHS is a marketing genius, I like him very much for the sense of humor which always permeates almost everything he makes.
                He has a lot of detractors, in some cases motivated (his designs are generally not so original, but that's true for many manufacturers) but, for example, I'd buy this ikea like clon just for the idea, it's a form of art in my opinion.

Comment

Wow, they already sold out the first 3000

Comment

Saw the video of it last night. Think its a great idea. Not sure I need another Klon clone but it would be fun to do and compare it to my Tumnus
                    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
                    Jackson Soloist 7 string
                    ESP LTD M-400
                    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I just saw the video yesterday and gotta say it's a cool way to introduce people to pedal building. I like my Soul Food but might order one just for the experience of putting it together.
                      "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

They have a BF sale this weekend for everything but that
                        EHD
                        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

even though Josh seems like the kinda guy who thinks flour is too spicy, or thinks reading specs from mouser.com product pages counts as bedtime stories, I will still prolly get one of these eventually. its a cool product even though the DIY part of it is pretty minimal. The PCB is 99% repopulated with SMD components right? the included goop made me lol out loud. can't beat that price!

Comment

I almost want one of these just to have it. Almost.

I'll settle for my Mosky Golden Horse. Which is a boatload of fun into my Mooer Black Secret...
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                              I'll settle for my Mosky Golden Horse. Which is a boatload of fun into my Mooer Black Secret...
                              the Rat LOVES being boosted with mid pushed pedal, Klon types are good, but TS, SD1 and others work equally good, I've just modified a Rat to enhance the bass lowering the cut freq of the low pass filter and with a TS in front it's gorgeous

Comment

Working...
                              X