Best effect unit with no clout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post

I was looking at buying one of these but apparently JHS did a video of them in 2020 and the price has gone up a little
    Was hanging with the Frank Falbo. He has one of the larger next gen plastic box versions. Says it is the same circuit. Those are usually cheaper. That said - it was worth $100 or so as dirt boxes go IMO.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
      What is your favorite distortion pedal that has no clout, no mojo, and no cult following? I for one really like the DN-2 Dynadrive. It's like a more even sounding DS-1 that expands your dynamic range on terms of controlling how much distortion you get, but it also conpresses your signal volumewise. So you can clean up your signal with the volume on your guitar without disappearing behind the other instruments. I think people didn't like them because they were digital.
      I don't use distortion pedals, if I can't get the tone I want out of the amp alone then I sell it. That being said, the one pedal that made me almost change my tune was actually my bud's DN2, that thing sounds freaking amazing.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      1973 Aria 551
      1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
      1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
      1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
      1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
      1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
      2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Working...
      X