Marshall Valvestate Pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I have used a Deluxe in the studio and practice for metal gigs with great results. My main metal rig for years was an open-back cab with Jensens, the same for Lips from Anvil. It works.

Yeah, I guess it does work great on certain applications. Not my kind of Metal or tone, but I can appreciate it's working great there.

But my point was more along the lines of I doubt a 5150 pedal through a Deluxe Reverb sounds much like a 5150III half stack.
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 12-24-2023, 11:40 AM.

Comment

You gotta believe Rex, you got to believe! It is a Christmas miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        You gotta believe Rex, you got to believe! It is a Christmas miracle.
        Reported for religious content.

Comment

wait when did the Valvestates become desirable??? I had one 20 years ago back when they were mercilessly **** on by enthusiasts. I thought it was fine, not the best but far from the worst. why did its reputation suddenly spike?

Comment

Originally posted by RanchManSandy View Post
            wait when did the Valvestates become desirable??? I had one 20 years ago back when they were mercilessly **** on by enthusiasts. I thought it was fine, not the best but far from the worst. why did its reputation suddenly spike?
            The Valvestate 2000 series was definitely hit/miss.

But the 8100 series and the VS series were always great. Those were crapped on merely because they were not all tube. But people who dig the actual SOUND always knew they were cool.

Must be the "vintage" re-examine thing.

Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

The Valvestate 2000 series was definitely hit/miss.

But the 8100 series and the VS series were always great. Those were crapped on merely because they were not all tube. But people who dig the actual SOUND always knew they were cool.

Must be the "vintage" re-examine thing.
              interesting, mine was a vs102r. Was that a "good" one? I don't remember it saying anything about 2000 or 8100 on it. Honestly I found it had a weird midrange unless I used the Dimension switch.

Comment

interesting, mine was a vs102r. Was that a "good" one? I don't remember it saying anything about 2000 or 8100 on it. Honestly I found it had a weird midrange unless I used the Dimension switch.
                I'd say yes. Same as mine but 2x12. YMMV

Dimension was a 25/100 watt output switch.

Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The extreme/death metal crowd loved them and Judas Preist used them for years in the studio. The people who benefitted from having great-sounding budget amps are the ones who ignored the enthusiasts. Always a good policy to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I'd say yes. Same as mine but 2x12. YMMV

Dimension was a 25/100 watt output switch.
                    what, really? All i remember it doing was scooping some mids, I don't have any recollection of a volume change. then again the diff between 25w and 100w is only, what, 6 dB? I also did a lot of drugs 20 years ago. Like a lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X