What pedal is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pedal is this?

I saw Rocky George with Luicidal and he was playing a PRS through a Boogie Fillmore 50 and only used a channel switcher and this pedal (I think a delay?). I don’t have another pic. If you can ID it that’d be awesome
    Attached Files

SOURCE AUDIO SOUNDBLOX 2: https://www.sourceaudio.net/soundblox-2.html

Comment

Yep, it looks like the microMODELER. I would be interested to know how he was using it. I have a similar unit that I sometimes use to goose my amp's gain and sometimes I use it in a clean channel as my distortion. They are very flexible units.

Comment

Interesting. I think it may have been used for his “main” sound through the clean channel because he had some crunch in his rhythm tone and seemed to turn the unit off and turn on the red channel of the amp for leads. His lead sound wasn’t super sustainy and fluid as on albums.

One thing that did blow me away was watching him do the first section of the solo to How Will I Laugh. It’s a crazy two finger tapping thing. On one lead he dramatically bent a note down that I would have bent up. I’m not sure why but it sounded amazing.
        Last edited by DankStar; 01-07-2024, 10:20 AM.

Comment

That sounds like a cool application. There are a lot of convincing AIBs in that pedal it does a great Mesa and Marshall along with almost every dirt stomp favor you could need. I have the bigger unit with the EQ and some other features but the tone generation is pretty much the same. I always used mine as a dirt stomp I never thought of positioning it more like an AIB.

Comment

he set it to gated fuzz with a high level noise gate and with cut trebles, based on the picture you took

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post
              he set it to gated fuzz with a high level noise gate and with cut trebles, based on the picture you took
              Good catch, I wouldn’t have guessed by sound!

Comment

Pretty sick PRS. Black with gold hardware and some thpe
                of stained tan wood binding
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post
                  Unfortunately that is one feature/setting my older unit doesn't have

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                    Pretty sick PRS. Black with gold hardware and some thpe
                    of stained tan wood binding
                    That's a typical PRS treatment - clear finish shows the natural wood under the color coat.
                    Sometimes called 'scraped' binding.

I bet that Fillmore sounds awesome through a Marshall 4x12.
                    They make just about any amp sound even better.
                    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
                    X