Ideas to increase pedal board height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas to increase pedal board height

I don't use pedals very often, however, I needed a very minimal rig for small gigs and ended up putting this one together.. unfortunately I measured a little to tight because the power supply uses up every bit of space underneath and scrapes the ground per following photos.

I'm thinking of two different solutions and appreciate input from those of you who do this far more often than I do...

1. I would be very happy to increase the size of the back feet... That would increase clearance where I need it and would also angle the board which would make it easier to push switches.

Unfortunately, the feet are riveted in so I don't see any easy ways to directly replace them. My immediate thought was to find some type of larger foot that has a large hollow inside that could slip over the smaller feet on the board, but I have no idea where I might find them and I'm open to ideas.

2. A solution that seems far more awkward to me, would be to manufacture a wooden or metal bar that would run from one foot to the other and then epoxy the bar to the feet...

Besides being awkward and adding weight, it also seems like it would be difficult to get the bar connected at the correct angle so that it would be flat where it meets the floor..

Again, I don't do pedal boards very often so I am open to any and all ideas!

​​​​​​​
    What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

I bought some rubber stopper things (I think they're supposed to go under furniture and keep it from marking floors?) from home depot and superglued them in the four corners. This let me raise the height enough to accommodate a bottom mounted power supply that otherwise wouldn't fit and worked pretty well. They had half inch, 3/4 inch, and one inch ones, so might work for what you want.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Rubber leg caps from Home Depot will work. Make sure to measure the diameter of the feet on your pedalboard to get the correct sized leg caps. Keep in mind, that not all glues will work on rubber. If I remember correctly, I used Gorilla gel glue. Give the glue 24 hours to set completely.

Comment

Superb guys that's exactly what I needed! Much appreciated...

Comment

I used this kit with my pedal train board a few years ago. You drill out the existing feet before adding the new ones. Took all of about ten minutes.
          Pedaltrain Feet Modification Kit for Pedaltrain Models with 4 feet

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
            I used this kit with my pedal train board a few years ago. You drill out the existing feet before adding the new ones. Took all of about ten minutes.
            https://btpa.com/LIFTKIT01.html
            BTPA made me the best cable I have, and it's important, because it connects my wireless transmitter to my guitar. Custom length and connectors, and it was cheap and super high-quality.

Comment

can the supply be moved on the top? many pros use it that way, if you shift both pedals on one side there would be space I think, much more usable too

Comment

i think its a cleaner look with the ps below the board, but up top is an option if it fits

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post
                  can the supply be moved on the top? many pros use it that way, if you shift both pedals on one side there would be space I think, much more usable too
                  This definitely was an option... But it looks cleaner in the bottom and easier to tie the wires underneath... haven't made it to home depot yet, but I'm hoping the chair feet are going to do the trick...

Will let you know..

Comment

Hey guys, the project went really well... I wish I could post a picture because it's exactly what I wanted, but I haven't been able to make any of the photo modes work today..

To sum it up, I got two sets of chair caps.. larger than the foot I was covering...

I shredded the rubber in one set to be filler for the other set and mixed all of that together in gorilla glue. I then filled the back caps higher than the front so that I got a nice tilt. And then set the board on newspaper covered floor to let it cure.

The gorilla glue took a good day or two to set under those circumstances which was extremely useful because the board settled into a perfectly even position and I was able to pull one of the caps back off to put in a little more rubber.

At that point I had very stable and somewhat flexible feet but it was clear that if they got a good kick on stage they might get knocked off.

So I came back with epoxy and cloth tape and wrapped them all the way from the new cap down to the base of the original leg. I used slow setting epoxy so I had plenty of time to get the wrap clean and tight and to remove excess epoxy.

Now that it's done I'm happy as a clam... It's exactly the size I needed and definitely stage strong.. thanks for leading me this direction, I don't know if I would have thought of it otherwise.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240411_195809.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	6276973

There we go

Comment

Looks sweet! Glad it all worked out for you.
                        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                        X