Just Bought A Wampler Belle pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Bought A Wampler Belle pedal

I watched and listened to many YouTube videos of the Nobels ODR-1 and the Wampler Belle and I liked what I heard. Found a used Wampler Belle pedal online used at Guitar Center for $99 so I purchased it. Fantastic sound and worked well with every amp I used it with. I believe this pedal will always be on.

Originally posted by Jeffblue View Post
    I watched and listened to many YouTube videos of the Nobels ODR-1 and the Wampler Belle and I liked what I heard. Found a used Wampler Belle pedal online used at Guitar Center for $99 so I purchased it. Fantastic sound and worked well with every amp I used it with. I believe this pedal will always be on.
    Own both an ODR-! and a Wampler Belle. They have become my favorite overdrives. I will rarely use them on the crunch side with my amps but run them mostly at lower gain settings on the clean side for a light crunch and edge of breakup warm cleans. Can't stand to run a TS variant now after running these for a while. It's apples and oranges between the Bell and a real ODR 1 but if I could only have one it would be the Belle. Welcome to the club!
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

I am not a big green box guy, but I have one Wampler, and it is magic in a box. Congrats on the NPD.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        I am not a big green box guy, but I have one Wampler, and it is magic in a box. Congrats on the NPD.
        The Nobells ODR 1 is absolutely NOT in any way like a Tube Screamer!! The Wampler Belle is their take on the ODR 1, and it's a whole different type of overdrive than any TS variant. I can't use a TS now after running the ODR 1 and the Belle for a while.
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

What I like about the Wampler Belle that the ODR-1 doesn't have is absolute control of the bass. Adjusting for hum buckers and single coils are a breeze with excellent results.

Comment

Wampler = Quality

Comment

What I like about the Wampler Belle that the ODR-1 doesn't have is absolute control of the bass. Adjusting for hum buckers and single coils are a breeze with excellent results.
              Newer ODR-1 have a bass knob in the battery enclosure and the knobs glow in the dark
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I have a newer ODR-1 with bass cut switch (it's not a pot) , I have to say I don't get along well with it, it's actually sitting in the drawer waiting for being sold.

I usually use a Princeton (but even with my Marshall is the same) and I simply don't understand the hype around this pedal (I'm not saying it's bad , I'm saying I am the one not understanding it) it has a... hollow sound with my rig, that's the word that comes to my mind, it's like having a loudness control full on, and when the bass is cut it's too bright and doesn't cut through .
                I prefer a SD1 or even a BD2 by far, much more usable.

Comment

What I'm using the pedal for is a very light overdrive and being able to adjust the bass with the pot gives you a finer ability to get your guitar tone to push frequencies that are lacking from your guitar rig. I wouldn't use the Belle for a heavier overdrive, I'd stack another pedal for that.

Comment

What I'm using the pedal for is a very light overdrive
                    What is this light overdrive you speak of? I didn't know this was possible!

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

What is this light overdrive you speak of? I didn't know this was possible!
                      There is a gain control on the Belle so you can add some light grit to your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post
                        I have a newer ODR-1 with bass cut switch (it's not a pot) , I have to say I don't get along well with it, it's actually sitting in the drawer waiting for being sold.
                        You're right, it's the anniversary edition I'm thinking of
                        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

The Belle or ODR 1 are the best at light breakup edge of breakup without changing your tone, I have ever tried. Have a newer ODR 1 with the internal bass cut switch and a Belle both. The Belle is the one I would keep if I had to choose, but both are killer. My BD 2 is gathering dust now, and I sold both my screamers.
                          Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                            The Belle or ODR 1 are the best at light breakup edge of breakup without changing your tone, I have ever tried. Have a newer ODR 1 with the internal bass cut switch and a Belle both. The Belle is the one I would keep if I had to choose, but both are killer. My BD 2 is gathering dust now, and I sold both my screamers.
                            for that purpose, in my humble opinion, nothing can beat my original old Timmy

Comment

Working...
                            X