Differences between Duncan Distortion + Parallel Axis Distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between Duncan Distortion + Parallel Axis Distortion

What are the main differences between the duncan distortion (normal/trembucker) and the parallel axis distortion?

I see that that the resonant peak is low, but the DC resistance is higher. But surprisingly in the audio samples they sound identical, so what are the differences if any?

Re: Differences between Duncan Distortion + Parallel Axis Distortion

I used to have a SH-6 and then a Parallel Axis Dist in my Jackson PS-4.

PATB-2 is darker, lil' looser and more full sounding. Still has the trademark SH-6 crunch, cut and compressed highs. I didn't notice much difference in output or aggressiveness. Better cleans and overall pickup IMO.

Comment

Yup, the PATB-2 has a more vocal singing midrange than the TB/SH-6 (I think that is due to the PATB design).
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

The PATB 2 has more punch ,wider midrange ,more bass ,and better sutain.More lower overtones ,less higher overtones.
        www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

INteresting. im getting one for me. Q: p
          Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
          Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
          Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
          Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
          Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
          Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
          Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
          Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

What a relief! I've been waiting for this, and I couldn't earn an extra eighty bucks over the past six years to test it out!

Comment

Working...
            X