Can anyone help me with this wiring problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me with this wiring problem

Taking a shot in the dark here - but I am looking for some help with a wiring schematic - If I am in the wrong forum sorry but I am stuck.
    I am looking for a friend of mine and what they asked for is
    1-humbucker, 1-tone, 1-volume, then they said to look for what would be a rectangle with 6 dots (double pole, double throw), and a rectangle with 3 dots (single pole, single throw) - as you can see I have absolutely no idea what I am looking for, I'm just trying to help this great friend of mine out however I can. If anyone knows what in the world I am talking about and looking for I would really appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Believe me my head is getting banged up bouncing off all these walls. Thanks in advance for any response.
    Last edited by dragonfly; 07-21-2004, 09:19 AM. Reason: more specific title

Re: Can anyone help me with this wiring problem

im not sure what you are looking for.
    the "rectangle with 6 dots" is a dpdt switch usually used for phase reversal, splitting or parallel
    the 3 dot model can be used to split the coils of the bucker but not for parallel

both are just mini switches, a push pull pot could be used to do the same things as it is just a pot with a dpdt switch on the bottom. are you looking for a guitar that has these features or ????

Comment

Re: Can anyone help me with this wiring problem

if you go the the main page for duncan pickups there is a little link at the top that says support. move your mouse over it and it will drop a menu down there are schematics in there for lots of pickup configurations. Good luck
      Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
      X