banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hollow PAF tone - I don't hear it on the SD CD - Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hollow PAF tone - I don't hear it on the SD CD - Help!

thanks again for all your responses.
    Simon, I was tending to equate A2 magnets with potential muddiness. I have read reports saying that the Seth in the neck has that tendency, but you guys are saying otherwise.
    How much difference does the 500k pot change make?Does this apply even when the tones/volumes are on 10 or only when you adust them? Does it only really have an impact with the CTS pots?
    Sorry for more questions but the help from you guys is brilliant!

Comment

With 500k pots, less highs will be going to ground vs. the 300k pots Gibson installs, even with all the controls on 10. The reason a lot of people on the forum like CTS pots is that those pots are more consistent. When you buy a 500k CTS pot, you will get a 500k pot. Lesser quality pots sometimes aren't this consistent. You might buy a lower quality pot that's marked at 500k, but it migh have a different resistance.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

So if fewer highs are being lost with better pots then a relatively more mellow pickup could be used - right? This all seems to be pointing to the Seths if I can afford them or, if not, an Alnico 2 Pro set.
        thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
        X