SDUG New Forum Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDUG New Forum Pickup

How close are we to ordering these? It's been a while since any word from the higher-ups, and it makes me a little antsy in my pantsies.
    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
    I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

Unknowingly, I put a p-rails into my strat and only realized that the pole pieces and strings were not lined up until afterwards. However, I used the guitar on a session and had zero complaints and much praise for the tones I was producing. I would be interested in swapping for a strat compatible replacement, but my ears are pretty happy as it is.

Comment

i honestly dont think having the pole pieces lined up matters too much. Ive used trem spaced pups in non trem guitars and been just as happy. i wouldnt worry about spending the money to try a different spaced one.
        Originally posted by Empty Pockets
        yngwie sounds like an orchestra of cartoon bees.

Comment

Originally posted by jimijames View Post
          How close are we to ordering these? It's been a while since any word from the higher-ups, and it makes me a little antsy in my pantsies.
          the masters in the CS are testing prototypes. Have patience my friend, as always it will be well worth the wait.
          Originally posted by Empty Pockets
          yngwie sounds like an orchestra of cartoon bees.

Comment

Sounds cool.

Comment

Originally posted by adlankj View Post
              Sounds cool.
              noob

just kidding! Welcome to the forums!
              Guitars: 1978 Fender Mustang, 1997 Guild S-100, Strat type guitar with 1960s Shecter neck and 1980s SD hot stacks, 1990 Guild Bluesbird, 1991 Guild Starfire IV, 1995 Amer. Tele, Guild D55, Guild F212, MARTIN HD-28v, Seagull Artist Series

Pedals: Keeley Time Machine Boost, Keeley Compressor, Keeley'd DS-1, Chandler Tube Driver

Amps:
              Fender Hot Rod Deville (4x10), Egnator Rebel

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                well to start it will be a strat size, probably a true single coil with a tap

my question answered. How will it switch from single to p90? Any guesses when this may be done??
                Im interested but light in the wallet right now..
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Like Jeremy stated and this is only speculating but probably a hot single coil and the full coil = p-90 tone, the tapped output is the single coil tone.

Comment

gasing for this pretty bad actually.
                    Guitars: 1978 Fender Mustang, 1997 Guild S-100, Strat type guitar with 1960s Shecter neck and 1980s SD hot stacks, 1990 Guild Bluesbird, 1991 Guild Starfire IV, 1995 Amer. Tele, Guild D55, Guild F212, MARTIN HD-28v, Seagull Artist Series

Pedals: Keeley Time Machine Boost, Keeley Compressor, Keeley'd DS-1, Chandler Tube Driver

Amps:

Comment

I have been told that mustangs have strat pickups? Is this true? If so could I put this P90 in my 1978 mustang (the beauty in my avatar)?

Amps:

Comment

I think it should work fine but I'd ask the expert on this.

Oh Dangly!!!
                        Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                        I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                        Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                        Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

yeah that's what I'm hoping. I really am not getting a very pleasing sound out of my mustang at the mo'

Amps:

Comment

as much as I would like to purchase another forum pickup, I would have absolutly NO use for it.
                            Last edited by SonofaMitch; 08-15-2008, 08:44 AM. Reason: spelling
                            Buy My Neck!!!

Stage3-1

Comment

Originally posted by SonofaMitch View Post
                              as much as I would like to purchase another forum pickup, I would have absolutly NO use for it.
                              Im going to get it no matter what but I am really hoping it will work with my mustang.

Amps:

Comment

OH, I'm getting AT LEAST one for sure.
                                I have a Strat with their name written on it

(well, in all honesty I still don't know WHICH strat yet though, my current Alder MiM or my future-planned Ash one. No matter, it'll go into one regardless )
                                Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                                I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                                Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                                Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X