Re: SDUG New Forum Pickup

Heck, why not. I'm good for one.

And like Pinto said, it'll probably sit next to my Brobucker. lol
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by jimijames View Post
      I'll get two if the price is right... Even though I only have 1 strat... Maybe in the neck and bridge? Like a strat and a les paul junior in the same axe? Eh, nevermind, I'll get two just for the hell of it. Plus, if it turns out well, there'll be high demand in the trade post so I can at least recoup my funds.
      Hey, I could imagine them going in the same axe, it'd just take a little play with the height to get them to balance. Then it'd probably be a HH P-90 / SxS (or SSS) guitar.

Still however, if I get the chance to buy two (it'll depend on whether I get to sell my Fast Track 2 in time) I think I'll take one for my HSS Alder Strat's neck and another for either the neck of an HSS or the bridge of an SSS project that I've been thinking (which should also include an Ash body in the recipe )
      Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
      I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
      Originally posted by That90'sGuy
      Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Yeah, but I kinda wanted to have two different pickguards: one for maximum versatility (HSS w/ tapped single at the neck) and one for straight vintage... Maybe throw the strat90 in the neck, and have it balance with the texas hot in the bridge too...

Ok, count me in for two.

edit: Will we be able to order these RW/RP?
        Originally posted by ImmortalSix
        I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

Last year we were able to order the Crazy 8 as SH or TB versions (Humbucker or Trembucker) so I'm guessing they're should be the option for normal vs RW/RP as well (assuming there'll be a need for RW/RP which although probable technically still remains to be seen...)
          I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
          Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by J Moose View Post
            don't think I've heard of Harmonic Design... I'll have to check those out!
            To me, they're kind of expensive. Here's the link.

-Butch

Comment

count me in for two.

sounds interesting!
              www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
                Last year we were able to order the Crazy 8 as SH or TB versions (Humbucker or Trembucker) so I'm guessing they're should be the option for normal vs RW/RP as well (assuming there'll be a need for RW/RP which although probable technically still remains to be seen...)

I have already committed to buy one pickup. If RWRP is available you can put me down for one more.
                I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would RW/RP be something that's needed for a strat bridge or superstrat neck slot?
                  J. 'Moose' Kahrs
                  mixer|producer|recordist
                  mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                  All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

Originally posted by J Moose View Post
                    Maybe I'm missing something, but why would RW/RP be something that's needed for a strat bridge or superstrat neck slot?
                    Well, it's not for me, but I think the middle pickup is THE most overlooked and least played one on any strat. That's exactly where I'd like to put a hot P-90ish pup ........ in the middle ground between the woodiness of the neck position and the snap and brightness of the bridge position.

Then tap it for vintage type notch tones combined with the bridge and neck pups.

Anyway, my plan is to use this pickup for the bridge position on one strat, and if the RWRP is available it will go on another guitar.
                    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

in case u wanna use it in a hsh middle!!! lol i mean this pickup could go anywhere, especially between 2 humbucker
                      sigpic
                      Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
                      Dunlop Crybaby
                      MXR Custom Comp
                      GFS Twin Overdrive
                      Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
                      Blackstar HT-DISTX
                      Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Comment

Or if you're using it with, say antiquity texas hots, or fender pickups, etc.
                        Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                        I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

Sounds like a cool pickup, but I really have no use for it.

Let me know when they do a noiseless Strat single. Right now Chris Kinman and Bill Lawrence are kicking their butts in that dept.
                          Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                          Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                          Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

How much more time are we looking at? I'm ready for this pup NOW!!!!!!!!
                            Guitar:
                            2 EBMM Axis Super Sports, EBMM Sub1, Peavey Wolfgang
                            Amp:
                            EVH 5150III 50Watt>Mesa 4X12
                            Effects:
                            G-System>ISP G-String>ClinchFX EP-PRE>Stinkbug

Comment

So guys, what are we looking at right now?

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
                                So guys, what are we looking at right now?
                                Your post.

Sorry.
                                My Soundclick

Comment

Working...
                                X