I made a clear sounding pickup...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I made a clear sounding pickup...

so yah about the pickup... what do you guys think... i just put it up and theres like 70 viewers... someone hade to see it.

Comment

Umm, no, I'm not talking about distortion. I'm talking about a splitter/looper pedal with a high- or low-pass filter splitting frequency ranges off to different signal paths then recombining them after effects have altered one path. If you don't think it can be done in a pedal, look at the tone control of your guitar. That's an incredibly simple demonstration of a tuned circuit seperating high frequencies. If you really don't think it can be done with software, then you're insane. Look at all the EQs in all the different modelling and recording software programs out there, and even PODs. It wouldn't be hard to apply effects to given frequencies instead of simply modifying their amplitude.

None of it has anything to do with the pickup. If you want to convince me the pickup plays any role, why don't you play some unisons across the various strings to prove it isn't just filtering that's happening.

Comment

Well see if this would help..

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Look at all the EQs in all the different modelling and recording software programs out there
        see the two.. thats your mids... mid Fhz range raze them and you just highered them... right... hope im saying the right thing

edit wait a minut... do you even know the Fhz of a guitar... so then if I play a 440 Fhz on the first string and play 440 Fhz on the second wouldent your softwear cancle them out togather... that would be some crapy softwear...

even then you have a 440 Fhz and a 880 Fhz octave... how would it know the difirence... your softwear makes no sence.
        Last edited by Michael Morales; 09-14-2008, 01:04 AM.

Comment

That doesn't really help. That could be done with two filters (and they wouldn't even have to be particularly accurate. What I'm saying is: I'd be impressed if you could play say, the A note on 5th fret of the 6th string and have it sound normally, then the A note on the open 5th string and have it sound distorted. That way it couldn't just be a simple filter in action, because you're playing the exact same note in the same octave (a unison).

Comment

what the hell... yah I could do that.. well thats what I did on the first video...
            the 6th and 5th were normal and then 1st and 2nd were with a ecko...

edit
            I'd be impressed if you could play say, the A note on 5th fret of the 6th string and have it sound normally, then the A note on the open 5th string and have it sound distorted

yah I know what your saying... I could do that... noing that there the same note that makes sence...
            Last edited by Michael Morales; 09-14-2008, 01:11 AM.

Comment

You weren't playing unisons. The notes on the 6th and 5th strings were drastically different in pitch, so it doesn't rule out a simple filter effect.

As far as you've demonstrated, it has nothing to do with what string you're using, it's just to do with the pitch of the note you're playing, which is nothing new or impressive, and not at all dependent on the pickup.

edit: I just saw the last part of your last post. So I think we're on the same page now
              Last edited by Fikealox; 09-14-2008, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Look at the first video... dont I play the botom strings the same as the top right
                that should anser you question..

I went from bottom to top and I hit the same not as the top as I did for the botom.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

i played D6th to D1st
                Last edited by Michael Morales; 09-14-2008, 01:19 AM.

Comment

So I guess you could say my pickup has alot to do with the sound...

Comment

Your playing ability is about as good as can you spell

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Morales View Post
                      So I guess you could say my pickup has alot to do with the sound...
                      Yeah, I'd have to agree with that.

Absolutely dead on, totally correct, 100 per cent accurate assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Morales View Post
                        Look at the first video... dont I play the botom strings the same as the top right
                        that should anser you question..

I went from bottom to top and I hit the same not as the top as I did for the botom.

i played D6th to D1st
                        Pfff, D6th to D1st?

Pffff, I like to play Z13th, and X67th.
                        Way better notes notes man.
                        I like to harmonize them in intervals 6854353687698798798790879087ths.

Comment

No man, you're not playing unisons. As far as I can see you're playing this:

There are no unisons there. It goes D E, C D, A B, D E. Sure you have two Ds and two Es, but they're two octaves apart, so it proves nothing.

To prove it's not just a filter, what you need to do is play two notes of the exact same pitch on different strings, and have one of them echo and one not.

Comment

Unison must be his term for "clear and awesome sounding pickups without a hint of mosquito buzziness".

Comment

LOL

Pfff, D6th to D1st?

Pffff, I like to play Z13th, and X67th.
                              Way better notes notes man.
                              I like to harmonize them in intervals 6854353687698798798790879087ths.

There are no unisons there. It goes D E, C D, A B, D E. Sure you have two Ds and two Es, but they're two octaves apart, so it proves nothing.
                              still octave should distor a softwear.. 440hz 880hz

1111111111111111111 its like trying to finde the twos in this
                              1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

a computer would see it as one number not two... ok well its a bit late... ill have one in the morning... your little A A thing... is there anything else you would like me to record
                              so I dont just waist mi time on one recording.

Comment

your little A A thing... is there anything else you would like me to record
                                so I dont just waist mi time on one recording.
                                "Are you experienced" in the key of Zdemolished,thanks
                                sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                                - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Working...
                                X