X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I made a clear sounding pickup...

ok this sound has some added bass.. its sounds even better on my amp with
    no recording... I adjusted some things.

I dont have a very good sound recorder... this ones close...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

mmmm supper

i think this thread is a good example of how guitarists are always trying to 'reinvent the wheel' so to speak and end up making something crappy that nobody wants...
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Morales View Post
        ok this sound has some added bass.. its sounds even better on my amp with
        no recording... I adjusted some things.

I dont have a very good sound recorder... this ones close...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyd_R3OwVTs
        you definitely need to invest in some better recording equipment...get a line 6 toneport, they come pretty cheap.

Comment

yah but I made it. now comes the second step... I guess I have to show people with my amp... that would be better.. you think... and people want to stop likeing what they have to like... like all the other pickups.. mufol mufol.. they are.. mines clear.

Comment

what if I were to just make a auideo signol as mp3 then you could just conet it to your sound from your computer.. not your computer speaker.. that little plug in the back... then conect it to the guitar port on your amp.. then put the amp on clean and bam
            you might be able to hear what I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Morales View Post
              what if I were to just make a auideo signol as mp3 then you could just conet it to your sound from your computer.. not your computer speaker.. that little plug in the back... then conect it to the guitar port on your amp.. then put the amp on clean and bam
              you might be able to hear what I hear.
              isnt music made to be heard through stereo speakers?
              sigpic
              Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
              Dunlop Crybaby
              MXR Custom Comp
              GFS Twin Overdrive
              Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
              Blackstar HT-DISTX
              Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Comment

no because the way a amp works... the little amp in you computer speaker would not increase it well... its a very raw sound... just because you hear a CD well on you speakers dosent mean every sound will sound like that... amps for guitars are for very low to hight signol output...

Comment

so what would be wrong with it... basicly it would sound like anyother pickup right..
                  all I have to say is that its sound is way better then my old pickup... humbucking junck..

edit:
                  yeh dose anyone have a good example of were im wrong... like show me a video..
                  show me were im wrong show me what a true pickup should sound like... one that has ultimit tone..
                  and ill match mine to that... sounds good.
                  Last edited by Michael Morales; 09-11-2008, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Watch the official music video for "Salute Your Solution" by The Raconteurs, directed by Autumn De WildeListen to The Raconteurs: https://TheRaconteurs.lnk.t...

One of my favorite bands. Really raw guitar tone that still sounds great.

Maybe a lower cost of production type sound? Good ol' JerryC is pretty good at guitar.

http://www.Guitar-Gurus.netI learned how to play guitar over at Guitar-Gurus.netPractice hard and sign up over at http://www.Guitar-Gurus.net, that's how I d...

Oh, also, you need to go hit up a store and get something like this PC mic at least...

Then put that in front of your amp. Plug it into the microphone input on your computer and use a little program called "Audacity" that you can download for free online.
                    Last edited by trevorus; 09-11-2008, 07:55 PM.
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
                    Originally posted by Securb
                    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

These guys are Da Bomb Diggity!!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Stray cat strut again!
                        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Now I have a new band to listen to.. The Raconteurs... they sound good.. red white strips right. ok im going to see if I could go and match some of those tones..
                          allthow I made the pickup more for people who play metal.. Im a big metal fan
                          and when I was playing some rifs.. All I could hear was bla bla bla... but now with my pickup I like what
                          I hear.. in a metal way... I dident know you guyes liked that clean clear Hawiian sound.

Comment

I really wonder if you can nail this metal tone then: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=5248118
                            Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

This thread made me pee a little.

Great guitar tones... if you're in a Norwegian Black Metal band.

Comment

I really wonder if you can nail this metal tone then: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=5248118

yah I like that... ill see what I can do... but right now I think I got that cleant tone sound every on wanted... yah I see how that sound is inportand (tone)... as you proble can tell all this time I was deminstrating the wron thing Ha haa... I found something new with what my pickup can do.

Comment

Working...
                                X