I have a mahogany double cut LP with rosewood board. I haven't had very good experience with high output pickups in the past. I have high gain amps so I don't really have a need for a high output pickup. I currently have a 59N and C5 in this guitar. The 59N is way too bassy. It doesn't let much mids through at all. The C5 is alright at high gain settings but I don't like it for cleans. It seems somewhat balanced but, it has too much of a compressed tone. I probably would have liked it better with less windings. At this point I'm leaning towards the potted SD low output pickups such as 59B, PGN, PGB, AP2, or possibly even Seths or Antiquities but I'm afraid they'll squeal. I may even entertain a Screamin Demon for a bridge pickup but I don't think they're available with nickel covers are they? I generally look for a balanced tone without too much boosting or cutting of frequencies. I want to be able to pull off jazzy clean, and blues rock like Zep or ZZ, plus have the option for metal .