HOW TO: Make a 59/Custom Hybrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HOW TO: Make a 59/Custom Hybrid

Any ETA on getting these pictures back online?

Comment

Hey guys... I will be putting together a few Hybrids in the coming weeks and will try and snap some detailed photos of the process!
      GMP Guitars RULE!

Comment

Originally posted by BachToRock View Post
        Hey guys... I will be putting together a few Hybrids in the coming weeks and will try and snap some detailed photos of the process!
        Hey man! I'm so happy to see you around!

Let's see if this time the Duncan Co. makes it a friggin' sticky, once and for all... if anything, at least for the due respect they OWE YOU after everything you did, not only for them, but for everybody.

Yours very truly,

Comment

I wrote an article on how to make a hybrid. Yes i made the pics myself abd didnt regurgitate someone elses. The article will come online soon.

Comment

Just read the whole thread for the first time.

Very inspiring, for one who hasn't opened up a pickup before.

Please bring on your article, orpheo!
            Last edited by deci belle; 10-31-2014, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
              Hey man! I'm so happy to see you around!

Let's see if this time the Duncan Co. makes it a friggin' sticky, once and for all... if anything, at least for the due respect they OWE YOU after everything you did, not only for them, but for everybody.

Yours very truly,
              I thought this thread was stickied for a few years.
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
              1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
              Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Should be permanent sticky, surely.

Sill rocking my 59/C, it's not going anywhere.
                Originally posted by dominus
                Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Looks like the TV Jones Brian Setzer Signature model is a HYBRID!

30 seconds in TV talks about combining a dark coil and a clear coil... less cancellation of high frequencies... articulate and well defined with mass... love it!
                  GMP Guitars RULE!

Comment

Yay!! Thank you for that link, BachToRock!

Comment

This has got me wondering about a Custom/Alternative 8 hybrid with the A8 mag. Or is there too much difference in the winds between the two?

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                        This has got me wondering about a Custom/Alternative 8 hybrid with the A8 mag. Or is there too much difference in the winds between the two?
                        In theory. Wouldn't be TOO much different from a JB/Custom hybrid right?

Comment

^^
                          Not too much, but the Alternative 8 is wound even hotter than the JB.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                            ^^
                            Not too much, but the Alternative 8 is wound even hotter than the JB.
                            nop... not true. Can't tell you about the internal specs, but that's not true. There's something with the wire that gives it that DC reading, but it's not wound hotter. Or cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                              nop... not true. Can't tell you about the internal specs, but that's not true. There's something with the wire that gives it that DC reading, but it's not wound hotter. Or cooler.
                              So your saying the wind is the same? That the type of wire has more resistance?
                              "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                              you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Falloffthebonetone View Post
                                In theory. Wouldn't be TOO much different from a JB/Custom hybrid right?
                                the difference is there. the alt8/custom is thicker, more articulated. sweeter in the high end but with the same liquid 'feel' when soloing. But in stead of the boost in the upper mids, it's more in the mids. I prefer the FS in stead of the custom due to the hex polepieces; gives me a tighter, cleaner tone with much, much better harmonics. the harmonics are off the charts.

Comment

Working...
                                X