Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ordered a Bluesbucker to replace the 57 Classic (neck) in my SG

Originally posted by ACH91332 View Post
    All these generalizations about pickups is just annoying. Everyone likes to think that looking at the resistance and magnet type is going to tell you exactly how hot it is and exactly how its going to sound when in reality you really have no clue until you try it.

The Bluesbucker definitely has a fat single coil tone to it. [B]I cant say its like a P90 since Ive never used one [/B]but I do use hot and fat Strat single coils which is exactly why I use the Bluesbucker in my HH guitars. Id recommend this pickup to everyone looking for a sound in between a PAF and a Strat single coil which I assume a P90 is like.
    I have a Bluesbucker and a number of P-90's, so I have some idea of what they both sound like. Maybe if you tried both yourself, you wouldn't make generalizations.
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Never said it sounded or didnt sound like a P90. I just said it isnt a super hot metal machine because its 10K and has a ceramic magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by ACH91332 View Post
        I just said it isnt a super hot metal machine because its 10K and has a ceramic magnet.
        Okay, but it doesn't sound like a P-90, no HB does, nor does it sound like a PAF. It's an interesting idea for a PU, it's just mislabeled.
        "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
        "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
        "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

DiMarzio forum registration is broken so I figure this thread is as good as any to ask this:

There's a massive resistance difference between the coils, which may be down to different wire gauges but I haven't seen this mentioned by anyone. My question is: despite the differing coil resistances, does this fully buck hum or is it more like a Fralin Unbucker that is partially hum-cancelling?

Comment

Working...
          X