Hexaphonic and Polyphonic Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hexaphonic and Polyphonic Pickups

Honestly, I really hope this catches on. With the right marketing this idea has a lot of potential, and I'm excited to see where it will be in 5-10 years, and what different people/companies have to add to it if it does come to that.

Comment

Is there feed over from adjacent strings?
      I'm looking to design an instrument that incorporates the single button approach of an autoharp with the slide capability of a steel guitar.

Using 15 strings Using a one string group of E2, a two string group of B2 and C3, a four string group of D3, Eb3, E3, and Gb3, a three string group of G3, Ab3, and A3, and a five string group of B3, C4, Db4, D4, and D4, I plan to use one string from each group to create a five note chord or arpeggio, (dozens of combinations are possible) and a track mounted sliding capo to set the key.

Considering autoharp chord bars, the dozens of bars needed would be too unwieldy, so I'm considering, in place of the damper bars, push button switched, wired to the proper combination of piezo pick ups, to amplify the proper 5 strings, while leaving the unwanted strings unamplified, so I need to know, does each piezo pick up only it's string, or does some of the string vibrations from the next over come through?

Comment

Originally posted by AngelAndTheWolf View Post
        Is there feed over from adjacent strings?
        I'm looking to design an instrument that incorporates the single button approach of an autoharp with the slide capability of a steel guitar.

Using 15 strings Using a one string group of E2, a two string group of B2 and C3, a four string group of D3, Eb3, E3, and Gb3, a three string group of G3, Ab3, and A3, and a five string group of B3, C4, Db4, D4, and D4, I plan to use one string from each group to create a five note chord or arpeggio, (dozens of combinations are possible) and a track mounted sliding capo to set the key.

Considering autoharp chord bars, the dozens of bars needed would be too unwieldy, so I'm considering, in place of the damper bars, push button switched, wired to the proper combination of piezo pick ups, to amplify the proper 5 strings, while leaving the unwanted strings unamplified, so I need to know, does each piezo pick up only it's string, or does some of the string vibrations from the next over come through?

OK, I found the answer on Uber's site.
        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X