Duncan JB vs Distortion bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duncan JB vs Distortion bridge

Doesn't sound like it to me in the same guitar. Sounds like a JB-Ceramic is still the DD's lil kid brother.

Comment

In the bridge of a Fender Strat, the DD is the clear winner.
      Loud and Proud, Balls to the Walls.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratcat
        Can somebody explain the actual difference in tone between these two pups? I am using a CC in the bridge of a Strat right now, but am looking for a pup with a little more high end bite. Thanks for any info.
        others went into the technical aspects of the two pups....I'll give you my personal experience...

I have an ESP lynch signature model..came with the demon..I liked the eq curve but it didn't have enough out put..so I put in a duncan distortion..HATED IT...had too much midrange and too much output...no matter how I tweaked it it was always overly distorted and not very focussed....(I like lynch types of lead tones...articulate, lots of bite and HAS to have great harmonics)..

so I got the JB trembucker and I'll never look back...the thing rocks...sounds great in my ESP...it's heavy, but when you back off of it it sounds good as well..it's alot like the screamin demon but with more output...
        Splawn QR
        Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
        Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
        George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
        My Gear Pix
        My SPLAWN Clips
        My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1
          Sabotage, I hate to disagree but I don't hear the same thing between a JB-Ceramic and a DD. I have played a DD in my SG for over 15 years and have them in a few guitars so I know what they sound like in different woods, and the JB-Ceramic is close but it doesnt seem to have the same tone to my ears as a DD. Maybe with the larger ceramic magnet makes that large bit of difference, but i haven't tried it yet. Someday I will, but for now, I am in love with the standard ceramic mag from the Custom in my JB.
          yes the trick is to use the LARGE ceramic which is what the real DD uses
          see the large version ceramic is 2x thick like stacking two regular magnets(this is not recomended BTW)
          I have treid the JB with a regular ceramic and like you said it is a lil DD.
          but using the large one DD all the way give it a try and hear for yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Stratcat
            Isn't the JB Ceramic the same thing as a DD? If not, what's the difference?
            it is as long as you make sure to use the LARGE(2x thick as the regular) ceramic magnet

Comment

It seems like the general concensus is, The JB works better in Les Paul style guitars, while the DD works better in Strat style guitars with a tremelo system. Both great puppys indeed.

Comment

Working...
              X