Blink-182 Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blink-182 Question.

He most certainly did record with Les Pauls! Moreso early on, but that just goes to show that you can't always judge a tone by its cover!

He has used a few different Gibsons over the years. Also, while all of his Strats had humbuckers at the bridge, not all of them were Invaders! The effects, amps and recording conditions also changed a lot between albums, so there is much more to getting his sound than just the guitar/pickup combo alone!

The majority of the guitars he has owned have been Invader-equipped Strats. If you are aiming to get in the range of his sound and are buying Seymour Duncan brand pickups for your guitar, then the Invader is certainly a step in the right direction.

HOWEVER...I can not tell you if he used a Bridge or Neck model of the Invader with 100% certainty! The info out there is highly conflicting!

I personally had a very early production Tom Delonge signature Strat and the Invader was simply marked "B", so I just assumed it was the Bridge model. However, the official Fender parts list for his signature Strat says "Pickup, Neck, Duncan Invader". Figure that one out!

UPDATE:

This is what I'm talking about. Here are two different samples of the "B" marked pickups found in his Fender production signature Strat...

and

Comment

May be taking a multimeter reading would put any doubts to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyfinger View Post
        May be taking a multimeter reading would put any doubts to rest.
        It certainly would...anyone here still have a Tom Delonge Strat collecting dust in the corner somewhere?

Comment

Do you think I could get one custom ordered from MJ? Like based on ones to his specs?

Comment

Originally posted by Austy009 View Post
            Do you think I could get one custom ordered from MJ? Like based on ones to his specs?
            Why would you pay a custom shop price for a production pickup? MJ can work a lot of magic but do you really think shes got the inside scoop to what he "really" used? At best they can say we sold/made him this or that but there is no guarantee that thats what he used.

In the end your just urinating upwind unless your going to get a whole rig like his just using his pickup isnt going to cut it.

I'm mystified why anyone would want to try and cop his tone anyways it wasnt that great.
            "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
            you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
              It certainly would...anyone here still have a Tom Delonge Strat collecting dust in the corner somewhere?
              It really wouldnt lay anything to rest. All it would say is this is what was put into the signature series of guitars. But look at how many sig series guitars are equipped different from whats actually used. And you come back around to what did he actually use? As far as i know the sig series was never used to record so its still a mystery.
              "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
              you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Well because I enjoy it .

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
                  got an Invader from a Delonge strat in a trade with a friend and it's a bridge model

Comment

Working...
                  X