X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My 83' Custom died.............

My 83' Custom died.............
    Originally posted by voodoogreg View Post
    Think this is my first thread, maybe post, Anyway, my tech just tested it out and the slug coil is dead. Can Seymour resurrect a bad pickup like this if it's not too deep? It's an old friend, been in the same guitar since I bought it. I'm bummed.... VG
    Er, yes it does, quite clearly.
    sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
    - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
      My 83' Custom died.............

Er, yes it does, quite clearly.
      Sorry don't really understand this, care to elaborate? VG

Comment

Its in reply to itsabass's bumbling in your thread. Dont worry about it we're just giving him grief over it its nothing at you or what you wrote.
        "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
        you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

I initially answered your post. Then, later on (maybe the next day), I was browsing SDUGF after the hockey game (read: after downing five or six pints; I try to keep a pace of two per period). I misread your post thinking that you have an '83 Les Paul Custom. I want to verify the right heights for pickup rings on my '83 Custom, so I jumped right to the end and asked if you could grab some measurements. Please excuse my mistake's buffooning up of your thread. I should have PM'd, so only one person could have made fun! The vicarious thrill of hockey victory and Bass Ale made me do it! I swear!
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
            I believe the Crunchy PAT is supposed to be the Custom copy while the Fat PAT is the Custom Custom copy.
            gilmour where did you get this info bro? the fat pat has a alnico 5 not a II?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hunter View Post
              gilmour where did you get this info bro? the fat pat has a alnico 5 not a II?
              You know, you're right. For some reason my brain stored just the AlNiCo part of the spec and not the V part. That along with the 14Kish DCR made me think it was the Custom Custom... LOL

Probably closer to the C5, then, maybe? VoodooGreg, does the GFS you're using have a good midrange scoop compared to your Duncan Custom?
              Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                I initially answered your post. Then, later on (maybe the next day), I was browsing SDUGF after the hockey game (read: after downing five or six pints; I try to keep a pace of two per period). I misread your post thinking that you have an '83 Les Paul Custom. I want to verify the right heights for pickup rings on my '83 Custom, so I jumped right to the end and asked if you could grab some measurements. Please excuse my mistake's buffooning up of your thread. I should have PM'd, so only one person could have made fun! The vicarious thrill of hockey victory and Bass Ale made me do it! I swear!
                No problem! love both hockey, and Bass! ( as I look at my autographed photo
                of Tony Esposito from childhood I still keep on the wall) VG

Comment

Working...
                X