Not sure what to do????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what to do????

Hi there everyone. Well long story short I made a pg/jazz hybrid neck several months ago and when I made it I used a polished A4 mag and short staggered adjustable screws under the wound strings. I liked it alot, but I got this crazy idea about doing a passive bass control for the neck pu on my guitar(Edwards LP) and also really wanted to try a polished A2 mag in it as well. I was hoping that the bass control would help with the loose bottom end of the A2 mag and YES it did BUT it also rolled off way to much volume. So I said scew it ripped the bass control out and put the A4 back in. Well now I'm realizing that I realy like the A2 mag alot more than the A4, but the loose sounding low E string is to loose and bassy for my overall liking. Being that the pu is covered I figured I would get some advice on what might be the best way to tighten the loose bottom end before I start R&Ring the cover a half of dozen times experimenting. Any and all info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance Big Kurka
    There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid mistakes!

Schecter Hellraiser solo-6 and solo-6FR, Schecter C-1EX,
    Edwards LP Lemon drop, ES-335 copy, Fender Telecaster
    Boss GT-10
    Rocktron Velocity 300
    Two custom built 2x12 cabs with V-30 & G12T-75's in each cab
    Marshall Mode Four/MF 400 cab
    AMT Legend series pedals V1, F1, R1, E1, M1, P1, D2 and growing

Re: Not sure what to do????

Long story short: polished A3.

HTH,

Comment

I will order one. By the way how does the A3 compare to short screws under the wound strings? Also how much will it affect the mids???
      There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid mistakes!

Schecter Hellraiser solo-6 and solo-6FR, Schecter C-1EX,
      Edwards LP Lemon drop, ES-335 copy, Fender Telecaster
      Boss GT-10
      Rocktron Velocity 300
      Two custom built 2x12 cabs with V-30 & G12T-75's in each cab
      Marshall Mode Four/MF 400 cab
      AMT Legend series pedals V1, F1, R1, E1, M1, P1, D2 and growing

Comment

I support A3. My personal next step is to order some 1022 like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Humbucker-Po...a#ht_500wt_922 should help too
        Read also here https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...highlight=1022
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Working...
        X