Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duncan Distortion?

Originally posted by Jason_Clement View Post
    Man the highs are the only part I never liked about the SH6...an alnico 8 magnet swap solves that?!
    Buy yourself the PA TB2, better than mag swapping
    DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

"War is the failure of the human spirit" - A.J.P. Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Order Lord View Post
      Buy yourself the PA TB2, better than mag swapping
      Why the trembucker vs the pick up swap? it says best for trem systems/rosewood finger boards, of which I have neither :o is there a sound difference?

Comment

I don't consider the Full Shred to be a hot pickup but it is quite articulate, The Distortion also has alot of cut....Another option might be the Dimarzio Evo 2 neck in the bridge....it's got sizzle and cut but not as hot as the Evo bridge.....

Comment

The D-Sonic is also up that alley if you aren't opposed to using Dimarzios.

Comment

Originally posted by D-EJ915 View Post
            The D-Sonic is also up that alley if you aren't opposed to using Dimarzios.
            Good thought. I didn't have the D-Sonic but I did have the Crunch Lab in there. I can really say great things about DiMarzio customer service. They were super helpful with some pickup ideas and exchanges over the years. However, I always go back to Duncan when it comes to humbuckers. They just seem to have more life and react more organically. IMO anyway.

I'm also amp shopping right now. For now I will keep my good old Custom V in my PRS until I figure out my new amp. Once I see how that reacts to my guitar I will probably give the Duncan Distortion a try. Unless the Custom V kills with the new rig...... you never know.

Comment

Why the trembucker vs the pick up swap? it says best for trem systems/rosewood finger boards, of which I have neither :o is there a sound difference?
              Oh yeah, listen to my latest album, its an all mahogany/ebony board V with the PATB2 in the bridge, all the rhythms were played with it...
              DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

Comment

I really think the distortion would be a great choice. I really believe e you should look at the demon or full shred too

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Order Lord View Post
                  Oh yeah, listen to my latest album, its an all mahogany/ebony board V with the PATB2 in the bridge, all the rhythms were played with it...
                  www.reverbnation.com/darkorder
                  Very nice.

Comment

Very nice.
                    Though now, I wish I recorded that albums rhythms with the Sh6 DD......

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X