Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is there not a official "JBn"?

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    You sure of this? Cant speak for all years but my KV2 from 2008 very much came stock with a SH2 Jazz.
    Mine came with dual JBs (neck was marked SH-4n), but not sure of the year. 2010 maybe?
    Originally posted by Brown Note
    I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
    My Blog

Comment

There is, but it's called the Jazz neck.
      Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by SAVAGE DISTORTION View Post
        If i am understanding that question i think a pu that has a lot less output but still has all the tradmemark JB traits,like it would be really singing,has good bite,harmonixs out the wazzoo(thats what is cool about a air norton) plenty of sustain and be punchy. So really all i am doing is describing a lower output JB which would also make a great bridge pickup too,if the reg JB is too hot for you.
        i am really thinkin ERIK H already hit this with his parallel idea.!
        I am goin to go try it right now!
        Maybe either a stock JB or stock Distortion neck, and try a bunch of different magnet swaps. But lol you seem to have a lot of JB threads. I think I found a big JB fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
          You sure of this? Cant speak for all years but my KV2 from 2008 very much came stock with a SH2 Jazz.
          Seems like Jackson revamped their Seymour Duncan selection on the USA Select line a few years ago. Dunno when exactly but nowadays KV2's are fitted with two JB's as stock.

Comment

Motor City Pickups makes a 16.1K A5 Pickup called the Afwayu and they have a matching neck p'up. I think that could be what you're looking for. http://motorcitypickups.com/products/afwayu.htm

Comment

Originally posted by gripweed View Post
              There is, but it's called the Jazz neck.
              thats it. when seymour made the telegib he wound a jb for the bridge and a jm for the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by revolution View Post
                Motor City Pickups makes a 16.1K A5 Pickup called the Afwayu and they have a matching neck p'up. I think that could be what you're looking for. http://motorcitypickups.com/products/afwayu.htm
                Oh yeah forgot about Motor City. I think Jerry Cantrell actually uses their JB clone (which I'm pretty sure is the Afwayu).

Comment

Working...
                X