C5, CC, JB... for my LP Axcess?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C5, CC, JB... for my LP Axcess?

Hi, sorry for my english, I'm spanish . I have a Gibson LP custom axcess, like my avatar, the difference for the sound with standard axcess is the ebony fretboard like a habitual LP custom, and a JCM 800 2203. I've gone crazy watching videos, sound samples, webs...
    I like a sound heavy rock 80's style, melodic, for lead, like Matthias Jabs for example. What pickup you recommended me?

Re: C5, CC, JB... for my LP Axcess?

Can't beat a Custom Custom TB-11 for that loose 80's tone.

Throw a '59 or Pearly Gates in the neck for versatility.

Last edited by 9unslin9er; 11-17-2012, 10:14 AM.
    AccountKiller

Comment

For 80s style rock, I'd say either the JB or a Custom.
      2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
      2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
      2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Comment

Originally posted by SFW View Post
        For 80s style rock, I'd say either the JB or a Custom.
        Taking into account the guitar and amp? a good sound for lead... In this videos I prefer the custom, but...
        I think I read somewhere that with ebony fingerboard sounds ... excessively bright. I like stand out at sound mix

here we have a 2008 Tokai LS80 Made In Japan - fitted with a Seymour Duncan Custom SH-5 bridge pickup recorded direct through PODxtTest1 - All settings exact...

here we have a Gibson Les Paul Standard 1990 fitted with a Seymour Duncan JB model SH-4 bridge pickup recorded direct through PODxtTest1 - All settings exact...
        Last edited by juansolo; 11-17-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Te Custom will give you back some f the bottom end that the Floyd rose will take away.
          2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
          2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
          2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Comment

Sorry for your English? You type better than most native speakers!
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
            Originally posted by Securb
            The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
              Sorry for your English? You type better than most native speakers!
              jajaja thanks, I use a google traductor, dictionary... I work it ^^

Comment

I abhor the JB in Les Pauls. Just my two cents. It was designed around the telegib which is Ash and 25.5" scale. I've never gotten it to work with any Les Paul. Way too peaky.
                AccountKiller

Comment

I love the Custom wind in my Les Paul. I really don't think you can go wrong with it. My personal favorite is the Custom 8, but that's just because it did SLIGHTLY better with the top end than the Custom. If I were you, I'd start with the SH-5.

Comment

Originally posted by juansolo View Post
                    Hi, sorry for my english, I'm spanish . I have a Gibson LP custom axcess, like my avatar, the difference for the sound with standard axcess is the ebony fretboard like a habitual LP custom, and a JCM 800 2203. I've gone crazy watching videos, sound samples, webs...
                    I like a sound heavy rock 80's style, melodic, for lead, like Matthias Jabs for example. What pickup you recommended me?
                    if you're interested in Jabs, he's used the JB, but more recently he's been using these ( http://www.guitarmaker.de/pickups.htm ), which might be easier for you to get than for people in the states to get them. but remember that his Explorers range from mahogany to korina to korina w/maple top. he used a Lawrence L90 in his Strat.

Comment

buy à custom 5 SH-14. he's great.

Comment

Working...
                      X