banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new CUSTOM SHOP DUNCAN video comparison is up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new CUSTOM SHOP DUNCAN video comparison is up!

Dude. That thing was so brutal it blew the hair clean off your head LOL........ sounds awesome. I bet it would handle downtuning like a champ

Comment

Originally posted by metalmachine View Post
      Dude. That thing was so brutal it blew the hair clean off your head LOL........ sounds awesome. I bet it would handle downtuning like a champ
      Actually thinking of doing a video for all you low tumers
      DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

"War is the failure of the human spirit" - A.J.P. Taylor

Comment

Sounds good!

While the DC resistance doesn't define output level or EQ, that isn't to say a pickup with a different DC resistance will sound the same as another. A true DD wind wouldn't be a Custom Shop pickup. (Double-screw DD would be a shop floor custom.) I would expect MJ to have altered the wind to achieve your stated goals. "Clearer mids" could mean pushing the resonant peak up a bit, which dropping the turns would achieve. That would give you the brighter/clearer tone heard here, and explain the lower DC resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by scarr View Post
          Sounds good!

While the DC resistance doesn't define output level or EQ, that isn't to say a pickup with a different DC resistance will sound the same as another. A true DD wind wouldn't be a Custom Shop pickup. (Double-screw DD would be a shop floor custom.) I would expect MJ to have altered the wind to achieve your stated goals. "Clearer mids" could mean pushing the resonant peak up a bit, which dropping the turns would achieve. That would give you the brighter/clearer tone heard here, and explain the lower DC resistance.
          Whats do you mean? The custom DD has a higher DC resistance than the regular DD. Must either be type of wire or gauge or even a looser winds. Who knows, but I'm stocked with its sound. Still yet to try it cranked through my TSL
          DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

Comment

Bump.......

sigpic

Comment

Ey man, I am thinking of asking to have them wind me one of these too. Would you mind if I did (or didnt, if MJ or Derek comes up with something that suits my needs better)?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Order Lord View Post
                Whats do you mean? The custom DD has a higher DC resistance than the regular DD. Must either be type of wire or gauge or even a looser winds. Who knows, but I'm stocked with its sound. Still yet to try it cranked through my TSL
                My bad, I confused which was rated which way. Nothing I hypothesized makes sense anymore; quite the opposite.

My only not-great stab at it now is that you're hitting distortion a little harder, causing a little more breakup, which is adding a little more high end. That's a very weak guess.

Comment

Originally posted by scarr View Post
                  My bad, I confused which was rated which way. Nothing I hypothesized makes sense anymore; quite the opposite.

My only not-great stab at it now is that you're hitting distortion a little harder, causing a little more breakup, which is adding a little more high end. That's a very weak guess.

Not sure, I didn't change the settings on amp at all.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                    Ey man, I am thinking of asking to have them wind me one of these too. Would you mind if I did (or didnt, if MJ or Derek comes up with something that suits my needs better)?
                    Of course you can mate!!! Just remember to ask MJ for the pickup by its number and not the name I made for it, cause thats how she catalogs the specs, and then she can build one for you. I'll be getting another for my other flying V soon.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X