NEED HELP!! CANT FIND THE RIGHT INFO BLACKOUTS ABH1 USING EMG SOLDERLESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP!! CANT FIND THE RIGHT INFO BLACKOUTS ABH1 USING EMG SOLDERLESS

Hey everyone, i need some help i installed some seymour duncan blackout abh-1 into my les paul and i am using the EMG SOLDERLESS
    with active pots both pick ups sound alike i been doing research and i cant seem to find which wires i am sappose to flip does anyone know the lay out it should be i tried almost everything and no luck

Re: NEED HELP!! CANT FIND THE RIGHT INFO BLACKOUTS ABH1 USING EMG SOLDERLESS

Click Here and Go To Page 4:

Comment

Re: NEED HELP!! CANT FIND THE RIGHT INFO BLACKOUTS ABH1 USING EMG SOLDERLESS

You would use diagram #8 on page 4, but you would swap the center wire (the pot output to the switch buss...) and the pickup wire to the pot input. The pickup wire will be in the center, and the output to the switch buss will be on the left side. This will allow you to have each volume control each pickup rather than having either one being a master volume.

As far as both pickups sounding the same, did you install them into the right positions (bridge to bridge or neck to bridge...)? Are the wires on the backs of the pickups correct (red wire on the left when looking at the connector on the back of the pickup...)? The last question as to the pickups sounding the same, did you get 2 of the same model - ex: 2 bridge pickups (ceramic magnet...) or 2 neck pickups (alnico magnet...)? I know usually this don't matter, but in some cases it does make a difference. Just a few suggestions and ideas to go back over, but other than this, I can't seem to pin-point it...

Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X