banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone got their fuglybuckers up & running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone got their fuglybuckers up & running?

if so, pics, what guitars and settings do you like best?

Re: anyone got their fuglybuckers up & running?

Not willing to deal with the ring problem after a quick semi-test without fixed mount in the burny.

Now that my wife's PRS doesn't get sold maybe I can use that one. But then I would have to change back if we sell it later.

Comment

got them in my less paul. they are a bit velvety and round. wish they had a bit more crunch.neck pickup is perhaps okay but the bridge lacks bite.personally, I'm not really overjoyed.

Comment

Anyone have them in an HH tele?

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
          Not willing to deal with the ring problem after a quick semi-test without fixed mount in the burny.
          Yea, the neck pickup ring is the same thickness as the bridge pickup, which is too thick for my guitars. The strings will hit the neck pickup and buzz, so I can't install them.

Comment

Mine will be installed with all the switching bells and whistles as soon as my package with the Trembucker Triple Shots arrive from Duncan. Should be any day now. I'll be sure to post my thoughts.
            -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
            I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

Package received today! Will be doing the swap tomorrow.
              -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
              I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

I figured they sucked since hardly anyone has really even talked about them.

Comment

^^^ Jolly did you get busted sneaking into the Vatican .. Looked like you. LOL

Comment

I've got my neck Fuglybucker in my Schecter C1. I love it! No problem with fit. It has a great open complex tone with plenty of clarity but it was a little too bright for my taste (considering the bridge pup that it has to play with). I put in a 250k vol pot and now it seems to be perfect. I am really loving it.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I'd love to see some pics

Comment

I just installed mine into my Ibanez S570. I actually managed to get them into the original chrome mounting rings on the S, the custom mounting rings weren't going to work without heavy modification either. They sound... clear. As hell. The neck sings, the bridge is clear under heavy (HEAVY) gain, they remind me very much of the Crunchlab/Liquifire. I'll post pics, and if you have any requests for tone demos, I can maybe rig that up this weekend.

I use this guitar mainly for Progressive Metal (ranging from Dream Theater/Symphony X heavy to Scale the Summit/Pain of Salvation clean). I'll have pics later today.
                        SBMM JP70 "Shadow" - ESP Horizon "Violet" - Charvel Model 5 "Cherry" - Ibanez S570 "Beast" - Ibanez RG470 "Penny" - Ibanez RG4Ex1 "Azure" - Fender Strat "Candy"
                        Mi Familia

Comment

some sort of "how to mount & wire these weirdos" would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by blakejcan View Post
                            some sort of "how to mount & wire these weirdos" would be awesome
                            Standard 4 wire setup. Mounting is going to depend largely on what guitar it's going into. My S' mounting rings barely fit, and I say barely as having to really kind of force them around the bobbins. The fugly ring (neck) wouldn't have worked without heavy cutting due to how close the pickup is to the neck on S models, but your mileage may vary. Also, the S mounting rings are about 70% thinner, and the screws that held them in wouldn't work with the much thicker fugly mounting ring. It was an awkward position to be sure.

I used this diagram, but of course converted the color wires and took into account how the previous humbuckers were wired, nothing complicated at all:
                            SBMM JP70 "Shadow" - ESP Horizon "Violet" - Charvel Model 5 "Cherry" - Ibanez S570 "Beast" - Ibanez RG470 "Penny" - Ibanez RG4Ex1 "Azure" - Fender Strat "Candy"
                            Mi Familia

Comment

I don't know what all the hubbub is about with regards to mounting the pickups. Both of mine mounted without any problem at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X