Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Need some help with SD Blackouts Coil Pack AHB10's & Mod preamp

All,

I am sure there is a boatload of this information on this forum but had had trouble finding it.

I am considering a guitar (LP Standard Plus) that has been modded with Blackouts Coil Pack AHB 10 (neck and bridge) with modular preamp.

Being a primarily passive pickup guy, is this a good thing for an LP? Does this require me to like other active pickups have a battery in the guitar now? I am seeing vids that seem to imply this is merely a tool that converst passives to active blackouts....OMG I am so farking confused!!

Can someone explain to me in layman's terms what this is about and whether or not (opinion) this is a good thing or bad for an LP?

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!
    NJ Chapter President of G.A.S.....it's an addiction I will never seek a cure from!

Re: HELP!! Need some help with SD Blackouts Coil Pack AHB10's & Mod preamp

The coil packs are traditional, low-output, passive humbuckers calibrated to reproduce the tone of the "original" Blackouts when paired with the modular preamp. Yes, the preamp uses a battery and, yes, the AHB-10 set will sound like regular AHB-1 Blackouts actives. If you don't like that tone, you can either experiment by pairing other passive pickups with the preamp, wire the coil packs for standard passive operation or swap the entire kit out for something else.

Comment

Working...
    X